LV - Valkyrie Of War

Start from the beginning

"And the same stuff that she encased herself in. If memory serves me correctly, Jean struggled to get a scratch when trying to get her out. Back in our most recent expedition, I remember both Levi and Miche struggling to pierce through it too, it'd make sense as to why the walls were always seemingly flawless." I reply back. She clapped in glee before pointing at me ecstatically.

"Yes! Ugh, I love having friends that know where I'm going with my words!" She cheers loudly. I gave her a small smile, delighting in her joy in my own silence. "Now! I doubt you came here to talk with me about rocks. What's on your mind, raisin?" She asks, her elbows making harsh contact with the countertop, making multiple objects shift slightly. I cock an eyebrow, eyeing the objects that had moved and making sure none of them were on the verge of falling from the counter.

"I found a book in the library, both Levi and I found it very... odd." I start, leaning forward with more gentle intent than she. My eyes drag up to meet hers with a slight tilt of my head. "Have you heard anything about bloodline of loyalty? You may think that the book has the information I seek but it's empty." At the last sentence, her eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Why in the world is there a wordless book on library shelves?" She asks out loud, the question not really aimed at anyone including herself. She furrows her eyebrows as her gaze drops to the ground, chin cupped by her fingers. "I've heard nothing about it. Don't know why you're asking me, I can't even remember my parents names." She says before laughing softly, the tone she laughed in had a tinge of sadness in it, the slight drop in her eyes giving away her feelings without her permission.

"Han, are you okay?" I asked walking up to her. Her eyes dragged up to mine, a frown slowly making itself present in her expression as her eyes begin to gleam.

"Sorry, sorry." She smiles, though it doesn't reach her eyes. "Just a little tired, don't mind the tears I just yawned internally." Her hands reach up to her face, wiping away the salty water that escaped her eyes. My expression slowly dropped at the sight, my arms encasing her between them as I laid my head against her shoulder.

"You'll be okay." I murmur with a smile.

"I'm sorry. I've been stressed out ever since Sawney and Beane's deaths. Everything since then has been adding fuel to the fire." She replies back with a choked out half sob half chuckle, arms wrapping around me with a tighter embrace.

"Hey, if it helps, maybe we can get a drink in Ehrmich. It's not like I'm allowed to do anything, Erwin and Levi forbade it until I'm better." I suggest earning a scoff.

"You're practically back in tip top shape, I don't understand why they're keeping you locked away like that girl in the tower in that one fairytale." She giggles. "You're like a princess." It was my turn to scoff at the statement, slightly offended at the comparison between a soldier and a woman of royalty.

"How hurtful, I'm a fighter, thank you very much." I retort pulling away from her and gazing into her eyes. She rolled them quickly before pushing passed me.

"I sure hope you keep that energy in future missions. We'll need it." She says. Looking over her shoulder at me, her eyes glossed with thought before squinting them slightly in observation. "I'd read something about a different religion, a religion that believed in gods of elements and events and their warriors." She says, giving me a smile.

"What's that got to do with anything?" I ask, suddenly confused by the change in topic before she looks me up and down in wonder.