Chapter One

"Gray, I've gotta go, Xander wants me for something" I smile down at the elder boy as he is sprawled out on the couch in his room, a small grumble leaves his mouth before he nods.

"I might as well get some work done anyways, so I'll walk you out" He smiles quickly as he stands, straightening out his outfit before slipping his coat on.

He reaches his hand out for mine to take, his hands are soft as they gently run over my knuckles.

It's been a week since Grayson and I decided we'd try, a week since the second batch of letters had been read.

Grayson walked me out to the hall before he set off for one of the libraries and I set off to find Xander.

"Xander? What's up?" I quickly ask as I push the large door open.

I quickly catch a glimpse of Thea and the girl from last week, the one that had seen Skye and Drake in the tunnels and had done nothing.

As I enter a bit more I see Xander lent over a piece of paper, the same piece of paper that he had been attached to for the past week, his letter.

I quickly enter the room fully, letting myself be fully known.

"What is she doing here?" Thea asks, looking over toward me, with a look of slight disgust.

"They are here because they are my best friend and I want them to be here" Xander quickly says before another sigh leaves his lips.

I quickly move closer to the middle of the room, next to Xander.

"There are many types of invisible ink," Xander says, as I look over the paper I can see some marks on the back from what could only be a match or lighter. 

"But there's only one kind, that destroys the message after it's revealed," He says evenly, his voice not faltering even slightly.

"What exactly do you think you're going to find?" Thea asked him.

Xander looked down at the letter once more, another sigh leaving his lips as he breathes out.

"Xander?" Rebecca spoke, I can feel Xander's uneasiness from next to me.

"Here goes nothing" He quickly speaks as he lays the piece of paper in the tub of water next to him.

"Xander, we're here" I whisper from next to him as we all move to see the paper fully.

Nothing changes at first, everything stays still as the clock in the room suddenly becomes more evident.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

"There," Thea's voice is quiet as she points at the paper quickly.

We all see the changes, they're slow, barely there at first but it becomes more prominent with each passing second.

There, next to Tobias Hawthorne's signature words start to appear. 

The words made a sentence, the sentence meant a new challenge, a new answer to find.

Find Tobias Hawthorne II.

Xander stood frozen for the first time in what felt like ever.

I slowly reach forward, gently grabbing hold of the paper before resting it on a table close by for it to dry.

"Xander?" Rebecca asked.

Xander finally moved, his chest moving once more as his eyes searched the page for anything else.

"He wants me to find my dead uncle!" Xander shouts.

"How could I find my dead uncle? He's dead!" Xander shouts.

He's moving his arms around quickly, not thinking about his surroundings, who could blame him, he was mad.

"Xander, hey, hey" I quickly say, standing just in front of him and gently touching his arms with my hands, trying to calm him down.

"We'll figure this out and the three of us will be here with you there whole time okay?" I quickly say, my eyes meeting his as his eyes get slightly watery before they clear once more.

"We'll have a proper discussion about this another time, for now, we act as normal, don't tell my brothers." He quickly says, dismissing us all as quickly as he could.