Chapter 1: Exiled

Kion was strolling through the Pridelands. His birthday would be tomorrow, and he was excited to turn 17. Little did he know, it would come with a price.

It was the day of Kion's birthday. Kion woke up with a yawn. Then he remembered. "It's my birthday!" Kion shouted. He ran around Priderock, waking everyone up. Simba chuckled.

"Alright, let's catch some breakfast girls," Nala said. The lionesses left. Simba watched his son jump around in excitement. Simba sighed, "I wish I didn't have to do this."

The lionesses came back with food. Everyone dug in.

When they finished, Kion and Simba went on a walk. "I can't believe it's my birthday!" Kion smiled. Simba just nodded. Kion didn't take much notice in it though.

Simba and Kion played games, told funny stories and joked around. It soon came sunset.

Simba led Kion back to Priderock. They walked in. Kion started to get ready for sleep, when Simba stopped him.

"Kion," Simba said. Kion looked up. The lionesses listened in on the conversation.

"Kion, your 17 now. I need to exhile you," Simba sighed. Kion jumped up. "Why!" He shouted. "Because you are old enough to start your own pride. You can't stay here. I don't want to do this, but I have to," Simba sighed.

"How could you do this to me!" He shouted. "I don't want to Kion," Simba replied, sorrow in his voice.

Kion sighed. He knew he had to leave. He hugged Simba, Nala, and Kiara. "Bye," Kion said sadly. He walked out of the Pridelands territory.

Simba cried lightly as he watched his son leave, but he knew it had to be done.

Kion looked back at his family one last time. He stepped over the border of the Pridelands.

"Now I have to find a new place to live," Kion sighed. He started singing.

Kion knew he should stay positive. He may be out on his own, but he knew he could survive, and maybe he would find a life long mate, and they would have their own pride.

Kion liked the idea of starting his own pride. He smiled, and kept walking.