This man is so easy to spot in a large group of people.

"Owe–" stopping abruptly when I see Owen dip down and press his lips to Seth's. Turning around quickly. Did I actually see that, or is my brain playing games with me?

Nope, that was real.

I fucking knew something was there, but I never expected either of them to actually do something about it.

I can't believe this. At this moment, I just wanted to break out in a little dance, but I didn't. That would be a little embarrassing.

"Where were you? I was looking for you." I hear Alyssa. I smile at her, wanting to tell her what I had just seen, but it's not my place to, so I keep my mouth shut. "I was looking for you." I yell over the music.

For street racing being illegal, you would think they wouldn't be so loud.

"What are you smiling about?" She asks with a smile. I shrugged, keeping what I saw a secret. I am very good at keeping secrets. If I did tell Alyssa, she would probably tell Sav.

And then the secret is out because neither of them is good at keeping secrets. I think the longest Alyssa has ever kept a secret is for about an hour.

Other than that, she can't. "I've just missed this." I lie.

I can't miss it when it makes me think of the time I took August to the race with me. It's been 3 years; I need to get over it.

But I can't trust me; I've tried. I've tried everything you could think of. Clubs, getting high, drinking, and working my ass off, but nothing seems to work.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, catching my attention and pulling me out of my thoughts. Pulling my phone out and seeing the familiar name.

August Reid was displayed on my screen. I stared at it for a moment too long before answering.

"I'm here. Where are you?" I barely hear. I used my free hand to press against my ear so I could hear him better.

"Well, hello to you too." I say, butterflies swarm  my stomach." God, how can he still have an effect on me? It's driving me insane.

"Answer me, London." He let out a sigh. I bite the inside of my cheek knowing that he was in a bad mood.

I was looking around, trying to find something I could use to help him find me, but when I turned around, I spotted him.

He wasn't wearing the same black dress shirt and pants that he was wearing earlier.

He wore his old green hoodie and some baggy black pants. The same green hoodie he wore the first time I took him to a race.

Don't ask how I remember that, but I do.

I hung up and made my way over to him. I watch as he slowly drops his phone from his ear.

Furrowing his brows as he looks down at his phone. August lifts his head; looking up from his phone, his hazel eyes meet mine.

His eyes flashed for a split second, showing me the old August before hardening again. "That was rude." He says, looking down at me.

"It's also rude to not say hello." I point out, causing him to roll his eyes at me. This somewhat feels like deja vu.

"Hello, New York City!" My attention was pulled over to the loud announcer.

The crowd of people cheered with excitement. God, I really fucking hate loud noises.

"That last race—" The crowd cut him off with their screams and cheers. I looked over at August to make sure he was okay. When he didn't flinch, it made me wonder what else had changed in the last 3 years.

The screams grew louder when they announced who won the race. And just like I expected, it was Wes. Thank God I didn't have to go up against him.

Yeah, I'm good, but Wes... his car is probably running off of fucking crack.

Looking up at August I say "Race with me." It came out more like a demand than a question. His hazel-green eyes drift to mine.

His face showed no emotion, which I hate. I hate not being able to tell what he is thinking or feeling. It is like he locked everything away.

"Come on, pretty boy, for old's times sake." I stopped realizing what I had just said. August's eyes widen slightly.

I watch as red slowly creeps up his neck and to the tops of his ears. He quickly looked away, trying to hide his flushed skin.

"I miss this." I mumble to myself, but August looks over at me, his gaze softening slightly.

I watched his adam's apple bob just a bit. "What did you say?" He asked nervously. His eyes swirled with an emotion that was ineffable.

I shook my head, not wanting to push my luck. "So what do you say? Ride with me?" His jaw clenched and unclenched before he gave me a nod.

So I looks like we're getting somewhere

Do you guys want August to forgive her soon??

How is everyone?

For the last 3 days I haven't had a voice and it's driving me insane.

Happy new years even though its the 7th but it's whatever.