Chapter 24- I Swear

Eli sighed as he turned off the shower. They had settled in nicely, considering all that had happened. He was planning to meet Tact tonight and could already feel a headache coming on.

So much had happened and he didn't even get a chance to process it. Edgar knew about almost everything. He knew of Zeke and Aurum and what they truly were, the only thing he didn't know about was Tact's existence but even then Eli had agreed to become his guinea pig for further investigation of how Aurum being bonded to him changed his body.

Principal Montgomery had passed and the Academy would be closed for the rest of the semester with Mr. Michaelson being elected a temporary replacement.

Javier had told him Leo would have to take over the position but was stubbornly declining to do so.

He hadn't even seen Mr. D yet. There was just so much with so little time, and that in itself was a problem. They had all graduated the Academy, courtesy of Edgar, ofcourse.

So now he did have time, too much in fact. He had no idea what he wanted to do with his life. Javier was bound to join the council, Ethan while he would never admit it would try his best to create some sort of mythical creature shelter and Zeke was still the prince even if he didn't want the position.

That just left him and Aurum and even then he knew Aurum secretly wanted to travel the world, their dreams had overlapped quite a few times and everytime it did Aurum was having the same dream, soaring over seas, mountains, plains anything imaginable and Eli could always feel the joy and peace that radiated from the dragon during those dreams.

It was him preventing Aurum from doing what he loved. He imposed himself onto the dragon and clipped his wings before he even had a chance to fly. Sure, at first he could've claimed it was for Aurum's own protection and that was true. It was also true that he was selfish and wanted to replace the family he had lost.

"Everything okay in there?" Eli then realized how the scalding water was pruning his skin and turned it off.

"Yea."

He took his time getting out the bathroom a towel wrapped around his waist as he went to dress himself. He wasn't ignoring Javier, not at all, he just couldn't find a way to break the tension between them.

He was about to take the towel off when a pair of warm hands wrapped around him and he exhaled a long breath as his husband pulled his exposed back against his bare chest.

Javier dipped his face into the crook of his neck and inhaled deeply just taking in the essence of his husband, and for the first time since everything that had transpired, Eli felt at peace.

The tension slowly faded away and Eli felt as if he could breathe again, they didn't speak because they didn't have to. They had already said everything they needed to, all that was left to do was to accept that mistakes had been made and they would have to move forward together.

"I missed you." Eli sighed in contentment before turning around and pulling Javier down to taste his lips in a sweet kiss.

"I missed you too." He pulled away and stripped off the towel and threw on a pair of shorts and a black t-shirt ignoring the cute pout from his husband.

"That reminds me." Eli said as he focused his efforts to reach into Tact's world with his arm. The air rippled and shimmered around his hand as he pulled back Aurum's safe. "Give this to Aurum."

"Shouldn't you give it back?" Javier didn't want to upset the dragon anymore. He had done enough.

"No, you guys still need to talk and this will help you score some extra points." Eli explained with a small smile dancing on his lips. "I'll be leaving out to see Mr. D and the others fill them in."