Chapter 8- Impostor/Imposter

"Elijah!" Eli quickly recognized the voice as that of his husband and he felt his body releasing all the pent up tension he had from his talk with Tact earlier.

It had been a couple hours since then and while he wanted to go back and check on his husband and teacher he couldnt.

Reason being was that Aurum was crying after having a small panic attack and was now currently tucked under Eli's arm.

Eli was worried. It took only a mention of the Fidem to revert Aurum back to this state. He had been happy for months but it all came right back in a matter of seconds.

It pained him to see Aurum like this but there was nothing he could do right now, other than hunt down Alaric Fullman, but he could wait until Aurum was feeling a little better.

"Aurum's room!" Eli called out and in only a matter of moments Javier was there bringing them both into his arms.

"God, what happened? Are you guys okay? Is everything okay?" Eli could see the worry emanating from his husband and cupped his jaw gently, hoping to soothe it a bit.

"No we're not and no everything's not okay." Eli felt Javier tense. Eli was about to explain to Javier but then he decided against talking about the Fidem with Aurum still in the room. "I'll explain in a bit."

"The Fidem's here Dad." Javier's eyes widened and his head snapped down to look at Aurum who had his eyes squeezed shut at the thought of the Fidem.

"Aurum it's fine, you're fine. I won't let anyone hurt you." Eli said as he planted a kiss on the boy's temple. "Can you give us a minute while I explain to your dad?"

Eli felt the dragon's hold tighten on him but he soon whimpered and let go. Eli's heart clenched at the sound but he needed to fill Javier in as soon as possible.

"We'll be right outside the door." The dragon only nodded his head and went by the window to check if they had the blinds completely closed before curling up in the bed with his back to the wall, golden eyes trained on the two men that had taken up the role of his parents.

"What happened Elijah?" Eli frowned a bit at the name Javier was using but paid it no mind.

"The Fidem's here and one of our teachers are with them. The new one, Mr. Fullman, not only that but Tact says the freaking end of the world is coming and I don't know what to do. Aurum tried to kill Mr. D and now Mr. D is-
Wait. Jesus what happened? Why haven't you mentioned him? Is he alright? Do they know about Aur-"

"Shhh, you're rambling." Javier said as he pressed his finger lightly on Eli's lips an action that confused the boy to no end. "Everything in that department is fine. I handled it all for you."

"Umm... are you okay?"

"What? Why do you ask?"

"Oh nothing it's just... you're behaving a little... weird?"

"And you're talking about the end of the world so I think I get to be a little weird don't you think?" Javier smiled and began to chuckle.

That's when Eli noticed.

The hallway seemed to grow infinitely smaller as Javier stopped laughing and focused right on Eli was was staring at him with calculated eyes.

Shit. He knows.

He made a motion to take off running but in the split-second he did Eli already had him pressed against the wall, chest first and his hand behind his back in a lock as well as multiple bullets of water surrounding them all aimed directly for Javier's head.

"You're definitely not my husband if I caught you this easily. Who. The. Fuck. Are. You." With every word Eli raised the hand higher prepared to snap it.