Chapter 18 : Fortune Teller

Start from the beginning

Valerie closed the door and went back to her bed, she lied on it covering herself with sheets, she tried to go back to sleep but she couldn't, she got up and went to take a quick shower and after she finished, she wore a red hoodie and black pants with black boots letting her hair down her back making it's curls more obvious, she took a bag and put in it her compass, her dagger and her pistol with five bullets in it, she looked through the window making sure the crew had left the hotel, and after 30 minutes the crew left parting in their ways.

She opened the window, stood on it's edge and jumped from the second floor landing on her legs at the ground, she took her compass and opened it to find a green arrow pointing at the east, it was pointing at the dark alley next to the hotel, she followed it.

Seonghwa told Hongjoong that Valerie won't be joining them at their patrol, so he headed towards her room to check up on her, he knocked the door but she didn't respond, he felt something was off and went out of the hotel, when he looked around, he saw Valerie walking towards a dark alley so, he started following her.

Valerie continued walking from alley to another until she arrived at her destination, she stopped and started looking around her, there were beggars sitting on the floor and people with scars on their faces standing and staring at her "hey, little girl," one of them said "are you lost? Do you want me to show you the way?" He said putting his arm on her shoulder, he had a deep scar on his right cheek and a cut on his left, his clothes were dirty with mud and he reeked of blood "do you know where the fortune teller is?" She asked not looking at him "you mean Juvill?" He asked "I can show you where she is if you want to" he said moving his hand along her back and when he tried to grab her backside, she grabbed his arm hard which made him scream and fall into the ground on his face.

What Valerie did, startled the people with this man and wanted to attack her "if you come any closer" she said grabbing her gun from the bag and pointing it at the man's head "he dies" she said calmly making the man on the ground panic "don't move!!" He shouted ordering his men "she wants Juvill, bring her here" he ordered his men still in pain in his hand that Valerie is holding.

Hongjoong was watching from afar and observing what's happening.

After few minutes, the men came with Juvill, holding her by the forearm and throwing her in front of Valerie on the ground "here is Juvill, now let me go" the man told her and she let go of him, and he ran with his men behind him.

Valerie looked at the woman in front of her, she was sitting on her knees, shivering from head to toe "please" she said almost crying "don't kill me" she was scared from her "I won't, and you know that, Juvill" Valerie told her, putting one knee on the ground next to her foot and supporting herself with putting her arm on her thigh "now tell me," she said "you can see the future," she said counting on her fingers "and the past" she continued "what about the present? Can you see it?" She said leaning forward close to her face "yes, yes, I can see it" she said shivering "then show it to me" Valerie said standing up still looking at the lady, she then stood up and took Valerie into an abandoned building in the alley "this is where I live" Juvill told her still shivering and scared "this way" she said opening a door and getting in with Valerie behind her, and from afar Hongjoong followed them.

The room Valerie entered was the same as the tent she went to the other day but bigger, it had shelves with bottles on it that has weird things in it, like lizards, eyes, spiders, etc. "here" Juvill motioned to Valerie to sit in front of empty table and she did, Juvill brought a bowl with her this time and small bottles too "first, you have to tell me why you want to see the present" she told her now calmer, Valerie took a deep breath "because, I've been having the same nightmare I used to have long ago now" she told her "what is it?" She asked "the incident you saw yesterday" she told her without flinching making Juvill shiver and Hongjoong confused, he is eavesdropping from behind the door "I see" she said trying to calm down "you want to know why it came back" she said and Valerie nodded.

Juvill took the bottles next to the bowl and poured them in it making a red smoke get out of it with a bad smell, Juvill took Valerie's hand closed her eyes.

After a few moments, she opened her eyes "give me a lock of your hair or a nail, it doesn't matter" Juvill told her and Valerie took her dagger and cut a small lock from her hair and gave it to her 'your hair looks more beautiful long' she remembered what Jack had told her while giving the lock to Juvill, she put the hair in the bowl making a black smoke get out of it, much thicker than the red one, juvill closed her eyes "there's a mysterious power affecting you now" she said closing her eyes "it is what making you see the old memories in your dreams" she said "but why that one especially?" Valerie asked her "can you remember what happened exactly back then?" Her question confused Valerie "I remember that I blacked out, and when I woke up, they were like that" she told her "do you know who did it?" Juvill asked her "I...don't know" she said trying to remember "when you remember what exactly happened, the nightmares will stop for good" Juvill told her "that's all I can tell you" what she said surprised Valerie "that's all?!" She asked "what about it's cause?" She asked and Juvill looked her in the eye, not shivering and sitting firmly "didn't I tell you? A mysterious power, and you are on Rieto Haven, Kitsune is going to appear very soon" what she said made her realise that the Kitsune is the one in charge of her nightmares, she got up and went out of the building.

"You can come out" Juvill said "for how long did you know?" Hongjoong asked her leaning at the door frame folding his arms"since the beginning" she said "what were you talking about?" He asked starring at her "why don't you ask her? I'm pretty sure she'll tell you if you ask politely" she said standing up, Hongjoong stood there silently for a moment "is she a danger I need to be careful of?" He asked "can we trust her?" He was worried "it's you who decides whether to trust someone or not, not me" she said "and if you pay much attention to her, you'll find out that you both are similar in many ways" she told him and he left closing the door behind him.