Chapter 1

Author's pov

In New York, it was 5 in the morning the sun hadn't even risen yet. On a usual day, the sky will be filled with the sound of chirping birds but today wasn't a usual day it seems.

Since rather than filled with the chirping of birds, it was filled with the siren of police cars. There was a herd of police cars in front of a house.

In the house, there lay a body who had died from the overuse of drugs. From the rotten smell of the body, it could be said the person has been dead for some days now.

It looks like the person was living alone in the house since the police were called by the neighbors who couldn't take the rotten smell coming from the house anymore and decided to call the police.

The police found out the body lying lifeless in the house was Lee Minho who had a 16-year-old son or rather a stepson named Jungkook. He has moved out of the house and has been living with his best friend since he turned 14.

In School (9:15 a.m)

A bunny boy was making his way to the principal office. He was thinking what he had done this time to be called to the principal office this early.

Well, there could be many reasons since he was a trouble magnet. Wherever he goes trouble follows him or rather he creates trouble wherever he goes. Whichever way you prefer to say.

Anyway, he got near the principal office and rather than knocking on the door he just barged in startling the poor old man sitting in the chair. There was also a middle-aged woman standing beside him. But the bunny boy didn't care about it and just took his seat in front of the old man.

"Hey, what's up old man? You call me for what now?" asked the bunny boy.

"Hey, I am the principal. Respect me kiddo and why didn't you knock on the door?" asked the man who was sitting in his seat.

"Yeah yeah, I am sorry sir. Now what did you call me for, sir?" said the bunny boy rolling his eyes.

After he said that, the whole room was filled with silence. No one said anything. The bunny boy was quite confused by the sudden silence.

"Your stepfather died, Jungkook. He was found dead in his house from over usage of drugs today morning" said the principal.

"What?" Jungkook asked. He was frozen in his place. It took him a whole minute to understand what happened and regain his composure.

"I see so what now? Would I be put in a foster home?" Jungkook asked.

The principal was quite taken aback by Jungkook's response. He expected Jungkook would be crying hearing about his stepfather's death. But anyway, he quickly regained his composure and answered Jungkook.

"Well not really if there is a blood-related family member who is ready to take you in then you won't be put in a foster house" said the principal.

"I don't have any family members other than my mom and she already died when I was seven. So, no I don't have any family members and even if I had I don't think they would wanna take me in" said Jungkook.

"Well, even then we would still need to see. Jungkook, the miss behind me would take your blood sample. Please cooperate" said the principal

"Whatever" said Jungkook and let the lady take his blood sample without creating any problem.

He just wanted to end it fast. He knew it was just a waste of time anyway. He was sure he wouldn't have any family members and even if he did, they would not wanna take him in. But, oh boy how wrong he was.