When you tag along in their missions

Start from the beginning

     FDG looked at Y/N and noticed how he was in a bit of distress, which made her a bit sad "Y/N what is it dearie?" "...I expected a more interesting mission you know... not to check up on a nation" she looks into the sea as she stops from walking, sighing softly "Do you really wish to die Y/N?" turning around he faces her "No but what thrill is there just walking around?" rubbing her eyes from a bit of irritation she put on a smile on her lips, walking closer to Y/N as she looked directly into his eyes.

     "Your safety is my first priority when it comes to general life you know that right? I won't put your safety at risk for nothing in this world... going farther into the sea it's too dangerous for you! I might outstand an attack or two from sirens but you? Y/N my dear you are too sensible..." nodding slightly his head Y/N took Friedrich's hand into his, slowly starting a pace towards the main building of the nation "I guess you are right.. sorry for making you worry about me and most likely giving you a hard time".

     "Well you did give me one for insisting on such a matter but I cannot stay mad at you forever, next time I promise to bring a couple of my friends in the mission and we will explore the sea together okay? so I can guarantee your safety completely, now let's focus on the task at hand yeah?" smiling he gave her a kiss on the cheek because professionals have standards "So we go around and talk to people? or what does this mission has exactly?".

     Giggling softly to herself she messes with his hair "No silly... when I was tasked to see how the nation is doing it meant by talking to the main leader about resources and battle strategies... and a lot more stuff that is a bit confusing for you, so what are we waiting for? let's go" Y/N wondered if he really has to be here now... he doesn't exactly know any of the subjects they're gonna talk about... but hey at least he can spend more time with FDG, maybe buy a couple of sweets here and there too...

---*Zuikaku*---

     "So let me get this straight, all you do is basically sit in the sun getting your tan nicely done, until you arrive at the destination?" asks Y/N while looking over at Zuikaku, who gave him a small giggle in return before proceeding to lay on her back "Yup! come on it's nice to feel the sun's rays violently burning your skin all day!" sighing out loud Y/N joined her, looking up at the crystal blue sky "You might be into something Zuikaku".

     Zuikaku wanted to spend some more time with Y/N so the best thing she came up with was to drag him into her boat and go on a mission together, even if Y/N clearly didn't wanted to "Who would've guess that going into the battlefield could be so peaceful.." spoke Y/N softly as his eyes closed, enjoying the sun dancing on his face "I told you Y/N now didn't I? it won't be so peaceful until we get into the actual battlefield.." Y/N nodded as he opened his eyes again, to look at his currently non functional crane.

     "I guess you aircraft carriers have it easy.. you sit in the back, launch planes, watch enemies die.." "In most cases we are the main targets so no we don't have it easy.. but I guess that's one way to classify us in a nutshell" sharing a laugh together Zuikaku sits up, stretching herself a little bit. After a short while fire and brimstone could be seen in the distance, making Zuikaku draw out her sword, putting on a serious expression across her face.

     Y/N sits up as well looking at the battlefield in front of him, actually realizing how deep in the trench he is now "Hold up... you never said we're going to join the fight.." the crane looks at him and can't help but giggle a small bit "Oh Y/N.. if we were headed in this direction what could possibly happen? we were pulling on the right over there to stay and observe the show? come on, grab this" handing him her katana Y/N looks at her with a poker face.

     "I know, I know, sparring together and fighting against sirens is not the same thing... but hey! you have a lot of potential! come on don't be afraid, remember that I will always have your back no matter what!" still giving in a gulp to himself he couldn't help but shake his head in annoyance, all he wanted to do was eating popcorn and watch the battle live "Fine Zuikaku.. if I fucking die it's your fault! and also bury me next to that one sushi stand" rolling her eyes she gives him a playful punch "Not the time to make jokes... embrace yourself now".