vi. get the show on the road

-to begin an activity or journey

06

I used to think, 'what's really the purpose of my life?'

Is it to work everyday to feed myself? Is it to read and read, to cast my worries away? Or is it to live with this empty feelings for the rest of life. . .

My parents are gone, and they didn't really left a huge part of me empty, instead it was the opposite. Kaunting gumaan ang pakiramdam ko nang nawala sila sa buhay ko, dahil na rin siguro sa paraan nila ng pagpapalaki sa 'kin.

But still, every day I wake up, I don't have a reason for me to look forward to my day. I don't have to work for a goal, nor a purpose. I just wake up. . . because I'm alive.

I can't find a reason. . . a reason to look forward in life.

"Is that all you remember, Lady Harlotte?" the same man from yesterday asked me.

I nodded. This time, he's not just here to ask me about what happened to the accident that happened four days ago, but also what happened last night at the ball.

After what happened between me and Sherlock, my father came to talk with the authorities. Kinausap niya 'ko at binanggit ko sa kaniya ang pahayag ko sa pangyayari.

And unlike Sherlock, he believed me without a second thought. After that, we went home. Hindi ko pa siya nakikita mula no'n.

"You don't remember the waiter's face," pagbasa ni Detective Hugh sa notes niya.

Detective Hugh, the first person I've encountered since I entered this world—this book.

His name is familiar, I've read it a few times on the internet. I haven't seen an illustration, but he's actually the personal detective of the family Adelaide.

"Yes, detective," sagot ko. "I was looking for Sir Felix and Sir Nilus at that moment."

Nakaayos ako ng upo, tuwid ang likod. "But as far as I can remember, hindi gaano kataas ang pag-abot ko sa wine glass." Nag-isip ako mabuti. "That makes him not that taller than me. . . I think he's about 5'3 or 5'4."

Nagsulat si Detective Hugh sa notes niya. "Anything else?"

Naningkit ang mga mata ko, inaalala ang nangyari. "He. . . he smells like a fruit."

Kumunot ang noo ni detective. "A fruit? What kind of fruit?"

Bumuka ang bibig ko, pero huli ang salita. "A pomegranate fruit."

Napaisip siya sa sinabi ko, bago 'to ilista. "Is that all you can remember?"

I nodded. Tumayo si Detective Hugh na kinatayo ko rin.

"Very well, I'll talk to your father when I meet him, and I'll update you about this case." Muli akong tumango sa sinabi niya. "And to your twin's case, I'm still studying it together with Sherlock, please wait a little more. We will find the whereabouts of Lady Hilian soon."

Kinuha ni detective ang coat at sumbrero niya na nakalagay sa coat rack malapit sa pinto.

"I can't bid my good byes to your parents since they're not here, so I'll get going now, Lady Harlotte."

"We're grateful for your help, Detective Hugh."

"By the way, Lady Harlotte," pagtawag ni detective na nakakuha ng atensyon ko. Nagtama ang mga tingin namin. "I've heard what happened last night between you and Sir Holmes."

Hindi ako nakasagot sa sinabi niya. He must be talking about what I've said last night to Sherlock. There are really eyes and ears every where, someone could've been listening to us last night.