I love you - Auston Matthews

Requested by Nhl2022

*Italics are flashbacks*

________________________________

Y/N's POV

I put on my Matthews jersey and picked up my keys before calling for my roommate Marie.

"Are you coming? We're gonna be late"

"Yes, I'm here! Don't worry" she put her shoes on in a rush, then followed me, leaving our shared appartment, and locked the door behind her.

"Are you excited?" she asked once we were both in the car, a huge smile on her face.

"What do you think? Of course I am! How often do we get the chance to go watch a Leafs game?" I smiled back.

I drove to the Scotiabank Arena, my best friend getting even more excited as we got closer to the building.

"We have such great places too! Imagine making eye contact with every single player, oh my God!" she said as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"That would be incredible!" I exclaimed, hoping our wish would come true.

We got into the arena and I bought a water bottle while Marie paid for a beer. We then went searching for our seats, right besides the Leafs bench.

"Right on time for the warm ups" she looked at the players getting on the ice and took her coat off, revealing a Marner jersey.

I took a first sip of my water and put it back down.

"Look up!" I heard Marie tell me. "Matthews, he's looking at you"

I immediatly lifted my head up, my eyes locking with his. He smiled softly and skated over to where we were sitting, then threw a puck over the glass.
I caught it and looked back at him.

"Nice jersey" he mouthed and smiled again, going back to skating with his teammates.

"OH MY GOD!!" Marie yelled and jumped uncontrollably. "He gave you a puck!!" she put her hand over her mouth, not believing what had just happened.

"Yeah, I know" my heart was racing from making eye contact with the one and only Auston Matthews.

It might sound exagerated, but it felt like a dream.

The game started a few minutes after.
It was promising to be a good one. Atleast, a distracting one.

A battle of Ontario, what else to keep your night busy?

Auston looked at me several times during the game, making eye contact every single time.

"Girl, if I was you, I'd be dead by now, he keeps locking eyes with you, that's so hot!"

I giggled at her excitement and stayed focused on the game.

We both jumped from our seats when Auston scored in the middle of the first period, making the Leafs take the lead.