Under the mistletoe - Carter Hart

Y/L/N = Your last name
Y/M/N = Your mother's name

____________________________________

Y/N's POV

This year, it was Carter's turn to go at my family party for Christmas.
He already met most of my family members, but he was still a bit nervous.

"Don't overthink it, babe. It's gonna go well just like it does everytime." I said, trying to reassure my boyfriend who was staring at himself in the mirror, redoing his bowtie over and over again.

"I know, it's just... I'm always a little bit stressed out before seeing your family" he said, still fidgeting with his bowtie.

"Let me help you with that" I got up from the bed of our shared bedroom and walked to where Carter was standing.

"Are you sure you prefer this over a regular tie? Because you seem to struggle a little bit."

"I know, but your mother gave it to me for my birthday. I couldn't put that good attention to waste" he explained.

"I understand, and I'm sure it will make her really happy" I said, giving him a confident smile.

He laughed softly at my reaction.

"Here" I said after doing his bowtie.

"Thanks, princess"

"No problem" I smiled.

"Now, we don't wanna be late. Let's go"
I added, seeing what time it was.

I put on my coat and so did Carter before he picked up his keys and joined me in his car.

After 30 minutes, we reached my parents' house.

As we walked over to the doorstep, I noticed a nervous Carter walking next to me. I took his hand in mine.

"You'll be fine" I gave him a warm smile.

He smiled back and knocked on the door.
My mother immediatly opened and welcomed us.

"Hey! Merry Christmas! Come on in! I wouldn't want my daughter and her boyfriend to freeze to death on my porch!"

We both chuckled at how happy she was and finally went in.

"Here, give me your coats- Oh Carter, honey. Is that the bowtie I gave you for your birthday?"

"Yes Mrs Y/L/N"

"You look absolutely handsome, but please, sweetheart, how many times do I have to tell you? Call me Y/M/N"

I smiled happily seeing how much my mother appreciated Carter.

"Oh.. my beautiful Y/N, I missed you so much!" she hugged me

"I missed you too, Mom"

"Well, I have other guests to take care of. You know where the living room is!"

We walked hand in hand to the living room, greeting the rest of my family.

"Hey, Cart! Nice to see ya!" My 13 year old brother said as he fist bumped Carter.

"Nice to see you too, man" Carter said.

"How are you, Sis?" he asked, his attention now on me.

"I'm great. Merry Christmas"

He then immediatly turned back to playing videogames with one of our cousins.

"He's funny" I told Carter.

"Nah, he's cool" he corrected me.

I sat next to my godmother and we talked about her job and stuff like that while Carter joined my brother with his videogames.

"He too cute" I told my godmother, admiring my handsome boyfriend.

"Carter or your brother?" she asked with a smirk on her face, already knowing the answer.

"Carter, of course!" I laughed.

"Alright everyone! Dinner's ready" my mother announced and went back to the kitchen.
I stood up, joined Carter in the dining room and sat next to him at the table.

There was a mountain of food on the table and barely any space for our plates.

"Thank you everyone for coming" my mother said, "Merry Christmas!"

With that, we served ourselves, filling our plates.
Dinner was delicious, but not as much as the desert.

Christmas is my favorite holiday, and especially for all of that food, but also traditions.

After dinner, it was time to open the presents.
Everyone went back to the living room, except for me and my mother. I wanted to help her with all the dirty dishes.
Carter was waiting for me standing under the doorframe of the kitchen door.
Once we were done, my mother left to the living room too and I joined Carter.
He put his arm around me.

"Enjoying your night so far?" I asked my boyfriend.

"Yes, very much, I feel like in my own family" he smiled.

"Well, it's your family too, now Cart" I looked up at him, noticing something.

"Carter, look" I pointed above us. "We're under the mistletoe" I smiled.

He looked up and smiled back.
"Well I guess we don't have any choice"

He put his hand on my waist, the other one cupping my cheek softly and placed his lips on mine.
I wrapped my hands around his neck and played with his hair softly, deepening the kiss.

"How cute" I heard a voice say.

I looked at my left seeing my little brother with his phone in his hand, a devilish smile on his face.

"Such a cool picture to tag all your teammates in, Cart"

"You're being serious, right now?" I rolled my eyes.

"You'll thank me later" my brother winked at us and went back to the living room.

I laughed and turned back to Carter.

"I'm sure Gritty payed him to do that" I accused the Flyers' mascot.

Carter laughed as well.

"I don't care, I liked that kiss" he said, his beautiful sparkling eyes looking in mine.

"I liked it too" I smiled, kissing him again.

___________________________________

For those still in the Christmas spirit!

thanks for reading 🤍 xxx