⊱---𝟑𝟎---⊰

Start from the beginning

"Yes, him. He's unreadable, isn't he?"

Takemichi nodded. "Yeah... you can say that. I still have no idea why he punched me."

Mikey threw his head back and laughed, his eyes closing before the laughter died down and he looked up at the stars with a smile. He looked from his peripheral vision at [ Name ] for a moment before he fully focused on the stars above, the one beside him looking at him with a soft expression.

"Haha! He's always been like that. He'd punch someone who walked by just because he was tired. He set a car on fire just because he was hungry."

[ Name ] listened attentively as Mikey went on about Baji and the other founding members of Toman, blending into the background as she stopped adding in her own comments and listened to Takemichi and Mikey talk. She didn't mind and let the cool night breeze soothe her body and mind, the moonlight refreshing to her eyes as she calmed from the adrenaline given to her earlier.

Mikey gave Takemichi a mission to bring back Baji, and if he didn't, he would kill him. For some reason, Takemichi wasn't as frightened as he thought he would be by that threat. He knew [ Name ] would never let that happen, but he agreed with a scared sweat drop anyways.

Seeing Takemichi stand up, [ Name ] curiously looked away from the sky and over at him. He stood in front of Mikey with shaking fists clenched at his side, his vision lowered, and eyes shadowed.

"But... could I ask for one thing in return?"

"Hm?"

"I want you to kick Kisaki out of Toman."

"I can't explain why, but he's bad news!"

"Kisaki... he's..."

There was a tense pause of silence before Takemichi looked up fiercely, his expression showing nothing but genuine fear over what may happen.

"He's going to ruin Toman in the future!"

Mikey stood up with a serious expression, staring at Takemichi intensely. He looked at his features— the genuine worry and fear in his face convincing him that he wasn't saying this just because or to stir up drama. He believed Kisaki genuinely had the worst intentions and would only promise Toman's downfall.

Mikey sighed out of his nose. "Okay."

He turned and looked towards [ Name ], offering his hand out towards her. She smiled and connected her palms with his, Mikey tugging towards himself as he pulled her up. He mindlessly smiled back at her before letting go of her hand and sliding it into his pocket.

"We're going to butt heads with Valhalla soon. Bring Baji back before then," Mikey said, looking between both [ Name ] and Takemichi. He knew any mission he gave to Takemichi would also be [ Name ]'s, since she is always by his side and ready to assist without hesitation.

Her devotion to him was something he couldn't understand— how could one person be so blindly dedicated to another? Mikey would come to realize later that this devotion wasn't solely towards Takemichi— but all humans in this land. Including himself. She just found a sanctuary within Takemichi since he was the first to show her kindness in this world.

Mikey turned to the side and faced [ Name ] fully, her default calm expression present as it almost always was. It kind of bummed him out that she wasn't showing the excitement she held when he mentioned the stars last time they met— he thought she looked far livelier with glowing dreamy eyes and an excited smile. It made her seem more human and less robotic to know she had dreams just like any other person in this world.

Mikey blinked repeatedly to get out of his dazed state after realizing he was staring blankly. It made it tense for the other two as they waited for what he would say next, thinking he was internally conflicted about something.