Chapter 10: Staying For The Night

Amy lifts up Shadow's body and takes him to the guest room, she didn't want to make it easy for him to attack her because she knew Shadow kept his gun on his night stand. But as another precaution... she takes two hair ties from her purse and ties his wrist to the mantle of bed. After she finishes tying, she sits on the window seat that was from across the bed and examines his body. "This is so unfair to you." Amy says. "You're not a monster,Shadow." Amy thought. "And Mephiles is trying to make you one, Just because you refused to help him." "But I promise ,I'm gonna be by your side at all costs." Amy gets up from the seat and gets on her knees on the bedside. She lays her head down and begins to slowly doze off not without having her hand touching Shadow.

...
Shadow abruptly wakes up to being in the guest room bed. "What the hell?" He asks himself. "How did I-" Before he could finish his thought he looks to his side and notices Amy sleeping on the bed side. He looks at his wrist and notices the wilts on them. He gives them a quick sniff. "Rosy Meadows." Shadow thought to himself.  "She must've used her hair ties." He takes a quick glance at the clock on the wall it was. 2:00 am
Shadow touches Amy to wake her and she abruptly wakes up.  "Shadow, no." Amy yells. Shadow and Amy both exchange awkward looks for a moment. "Sorry, I had a nightmare." Amy says as she blushes profusely.  "Noted." Shadow says rubbing his neck awkwardly. "What was it-about?" Shadow asked curiously. Amy eyes get slightly watery. "I saw you die." Amy answered on the verge of tears.  Shadow's eyes widen in surprise. "Listen, Amy." Shadow says as he holds her head by her chin. "Everything' gonna to be alright, I promise." "Even if you die?" Amy asks with tears rolling down her eyes. "Yes,  even if it means that." Shadow confirms. Shadow was fine with dying despite him being the ultimate life form.  "I'm more worried what would happen to you." Shadow says. Amy looks up at Shadow with a shocked face, eyes still watering.  "What?" She says. "Yes." Shadow says as he nods his head.  "You really mean that?" Amy asks. Shadow nods his head. Amy felt touched as her heart beat increases. "Does he-love me?" Amy asks herself. "Why did you tie me to the bed?" Shadow asks with a slight smirk on his face." Amy blushes again. "It's not what you think Shadow, Mephiles possessed you for a moment to attack me." Amy says.
"I knocked you out with your frying pan, and tied you to  the bed just in case you started to attack me again."  Shadow was left dumbfounded. He never thought he would attack Amy, let alone under someone else's control.  "So why did you untie me then?" Shadow asks. "I fell asleep but then I woke up to go to the bathroom, and since you were still knocked out so,I  decided to untie you." Amy explains.  "Sorry, if I scared you Amy, it was out of my control." Shadow says. "Mephiles' hold on me seems to be getting stronger even if I'm not out at night."  "What did he mean when he said that he's already won?" Amy asks. "I don't know." Shadow says. "All I know is that he better law a fucking hand on you." 
Amy heartbeat began to increase again. Amy and Shadow both lock eyes  for a moment. Shadow reaches to hold Amy's hand and Amy begins to blush. Amy quickly lets go of his hand. " I should get going." Amy says. Amy walks towards the bed room door. "Amy wait." Shadow says as he gently grabs her hand. "No please stay the rest of the night," Shadow pleads. "I don't want to be alone tonight, especially if I act out again."
Amy just stood there in complete silence with nothing but the sound of her heartbeat increasing.

Look, Shadow I don't think it's a good idea." Amy says. She was still trying to process the question he asked. "Please..just for one night..Shadow continues to beg. Amy lets out a soft sigh. "If it's for the sake of your safety." Amy says. Amy takes off her shoes and heads towards the window chair but then she looks at Shadow. He left a empty space in the bed for Amy to sleep next to him. Amy gets into the bed into the now occupied space and Shadow spoons her closer to him. She moves in closer to him as they both slowly fell asleep under the covers.