Chapter 4: Back In Action

Sonic and the rest of the gang meet up in G.U.N.s main meeting room still waiting for Shadow and Amy. "I wonder what is this all about?" Sonic asks. "Surely this assignment must be important if G.U.N is asking for our help." Tails says.

"Very much so." Knuckles says. Despite us not being active for 5 years." " Who cares if we're not active or not, when the universe is in jeopardy, we'll be active at lightning speed." Sonic says assertively,
"This was only supposed to be a mission for just Shadow and I." Rouge says. "But once the organization realized it would be a lot more complicated than expected, they asked to get us extra help."

"I never thought Shadow would be the one to ask for help." Sonic says jokingly. "He's not that much of a lone wolf as I expected."

"Speaking of which, where is Shadow?" Tails asked.

"He's on his way." Rouge says. "Had some other things he needed to do."

"I wonder if one of things is  getting in Amy's panties." Sonic says jokingly.

The rest of the team rolled their eyes and groaned.

"And what makes you think I would  want do that?" Shadow asks slightly irritated.

"Looks who decided to show up."  Rouge says teasing.

"Don't start  again Rouge." Shadow threatened teasingly.

"Where's Rose?" Shadow asks.

"She's coming." Sonic says. "She was at the library with Vanilla."

And just in the nick of time, Amy bursts into the meeting room,  puts her hands on her knees, panting trying to catch her breath.

The whole meeting room went quiet as soon as Amy came in and it didn't take too long for Amy to notice.

"Um...was I interrupting anything?" Amy asked awkwardly.

The entire squad just look at her in complete awkward  silence.

"You said ASAP, so I did what I what was told." Amy says snarky.

Everybody said okay just not piss off Amy.

"So what's up?" Amy asks.

"The president of G.U.N sent a message via video chat." Rouge says. He had an urgent matter he needed to attend to."

Rouge pulls up the video file and plays the message via hologram.

"Greetings, Shadow,Rouge and friends." The hologram says.

"This mission is possibly the most dangerous and crucial." he continues.

"Some dark forces have infiltrated Mobius and night terrors are taking affect  on it's citizens"

The entire team was left speechless.

"The source of this dark energy seems to be unknown." The presidential hologram continues.

The hologram continues to explain the information that was given to Rouge and Shadow the planet of Iyashia, it's status and the nightmares and the possible antidotes.

"Good luck to you all." We're counting on you." The hologram says and it automatically shuts off.

Once the hologram turned off, Tails pulls out his computer and begins his research.

Everyone gathers around Tails and his computers with files sprawled all over the table.

"So according to my research, Iyashia is not inhabitable because it became severely polluted."

"By what and how?" Knuckles asked. "It's a planet meant for healing, is it not?"

Tails begins to type that information into computer.