Chapter 8: The Commencement of Darkness

Shadow arrives home and immediately picks up the phone to dial Amy. "C'mon, Rose pick up." Shadow says under his breath as the phone proceeds to ring. "Hey, Shadow." Amy answers. "Hey, you know we got a problem, right?" Shadow asks. "I'm well aware of that Shadow." Amy says.  " We have to arrive at Tails'  place separately instead of together." Amy says. "And we'll leave separately as well, but I'll find a shortcut to get to your place since you live a little bit further." But you must leave before sunset." and then I'll arrive at your house before the Moon reaches its peak." Shadow was baffled at how intelligent Amy has become, I guess her being away from him and falling out of love with Sonic so long has taught her a multitude of things. "Sounds like a plan." Shadow says. "Just text me when you arrive at Tails' place and I'll follow suit." "Deal." Amy says. both hang up simultaneously. After Shadow hangs up he lets out a sigh and plops on himself on the couch with his mind racing. About Amy. From Mephiles. To the moment at the picnic. and the safety of not only Mobius but of the entire universe. Mephiles laughs continues to fill his brain. "You're running out of time, Shadow." Mephiles says. Shadow felt Mephiles' presence from the corner of his eye. He rapidly gets up and does a chaos spear. but to Shadow's disdains he ends up breaking his favorite vase, gifted to him by Rouge on his birthday.

"Damn it," Shadow yells. Shadow gets on the floor and induces a chaos control in order to fix the vase. "Amy's right, telling the others would put my life and others at risk Shadow ponders to himself. "And it would be way worse if G.U.N found out."

Shadow was interrupted by his phone once again ringing. "Hello." He says as he picks it up. "Hi, Shadow." Rouge answers in a friendly way. Shadow immediately knew exactly why she was calling. "What do you want, Rouge?" Shadow asks, slightly annoyed. "Damn it." Rouge says to herself. "Alright I'm gonna get to the point, what's going on with you and Amy?" Rouge asks. Shadow begins to blush. "Your silence is already telling me everything" Rouge teases. "Nothing."Shadow says flatly. Shadow begins daydreaming about Amy. "Don't think I don't know, I saw the way you were looking at Amy especially when you two were dancing which means you can make your move, now lover boy." Rouge teases.

Shadow rolls his eyes. "I assure Rouge, it's nothing going between me and Rose." Shadow says.

"If that was the case, then how come ya'll weren't at the meeting today and in the janitor's closet?" Rouge asks. Shadow gasped in shocked. "How'd you know?" Shadow asked slightly annoyed. "Sonic told me." Rouge answered teasily. "Hope you two weren't being naughty." Shadow roll his eyes. "Hmph, of course you and Blue would think of some stupid shit like that."

"I mean, you and Amy alone, that would make any Mobian suspicious let alone the entire group." "Fair point." Shadow says reluctantly. Shadow may have changed over the years but one thing that hasn't was his stubborness especially when it comes to Rouge. "Plus i see the way you look at Amy, the way you talk to her, and the way you touch her." Rouge explains. and that picnic...I mean what else do i have to say." Shadow rolls his eyes once more. "Nothing, Rose and I are just...awkward." Shadow says. "if you say so, Shadow but I know you like the back of my wings." Rouge says candidly. Rouge and Shadow hang up simultaneously. Mephiles evil intensifies.

"You do love her, don't you? Mephiles asks evilly. Shadow gasps in slight shock. "That's all I need to know." Mephiles says casually. "No, No Shadow begs as he holds his head by his right half. He felt Mephiles darkness continuing to grow throughout his brain.  "It's getting worse, Shadow thought to himself. " I don't know how much I can take." "No, it's only getting better." Mephiles says evilly. " now that I found your weak spot this is going to be even easier."  "I don't give a damn what you do to me, but if you lay a finger on her, I swear to chaos, I'll fucking kill you." Shadow warns. Mephiles throws him against the wall like a feathered pillow.  Shadow looks at the cracked wall. " He may think he's winning, but I'll stop his streak at all cost even if my life is at stake." Shadow says to himself. " But I'm worried about Amy more than anything."

Shadow gets a text from his phone. He takes a look at his phone and notices. It's a text from tales in the group chat he created for the group.
"Everyone meet at my place 6:30 PM the earlier the better."  The text read. Shadow sends a thumbs up to the chat. " he looks up at the clock and notices. It's 5:45 PM. He puts down all the blinds in his house as a precaution, he wasn't going to lock the door yet because it was too soon.
All he could do was sit on the couch and watch TV, but he was barely paying attention. All he could think about was the safety of the world, the group, but more specifically Amy. " Maybe Rouge is right, I may be in love with Rose or I may not, but I cannot deny these feelings are... confusing."
...
Meanwhile, Amy was in her bedroom, looking out her window. " I can't believe I let myself get into this mess.'  Amy thought to herself "Maybe I should've snitched, but I don't know if that would've done any of us any good." "G.U.N does protect the world, but they can be very corrupt, sometimes, especially when it comes to foreign affairs." The damage they caused to Moebius is unimaginable." Just imagine what they could do to Shadow alone, considering the fact that he was once an enemy of theirs." And tonight it's not gonna be any different." Amy continues.
Amy, here's her phone ring. "Who could be calling me now?" Amy says, slightly annoyed. She picks up the phone reluctantly. "Hello?" Amy says. "If you think I was going to fall for that rat lie Ames you're completely mistaken." Sonic says. " Damn, Sonic you couldn't even say hello first." Amy asked annoyed. And why would I lie to you of all peoplewe've known each other since we were kids." "Sorry, Ames, it's just ever since the picnic you Shadow have been very close may be a little too close." Sonic says. Amy raises her eyebrow. "And you think that's a problem?" Amy asks. " no it's just weird." Sonic replies. Look,Sonic if that's what you wanted to call me about I'm not interested. Amy says.
" we got bigger fish to fry. The entire universe is at stake, including Mobius and you're worried about me and Shadow?!" "Sorry, Ames it's just you know, Things change and I wouldn't expect shadow too especially for anyone including you." Sonic responds. Amy rolls her eyes. " OK fair point, but I just wanna know why do you care so much." Amy says. Sonic begins to stutter. "Well, that's all I needed to know. I'll see you at Tails' place if you care to talk about it there but you need to remember the real priority." This is the last thing Amy says before she hangs up the phone. Amy groans in frustration. She looked at the clock and notice is getting close to 4:30 PM. " tails did recommend arriving early." Amy said to herself." I got to be there before Shadow. Amy lets a deep sigh before grabbing her purse and keys and heading out the door.

...
Amy arrives at tails place in sonic immediately notices her as she gets out of her car. " Hey Ames, sorry about the call. I guess I was just a little curious.." Sonic says as scratches his quills nervously. " It's OK Sonic." Amy says sweetly. " so about what I said, it's just weird to see someone like Shadow get so close to you, especially since neither of you have anything in common." Sonic says. Amy subtly rolls her eyes. " You and Tails have nothing in common but yet you guys are still friends." Amy says. Sonic shrugs his shoulders. " Well, you got me there. Sonic says as he chuckles. They both walk up to Tails front porch. " you said things change Sonic what makes you think you can't apply that to Shadow?" Amy asks. "I'm not srue, maybe it's my trust issues acting up again." Sonic says. Before Amy could knock on the door, Tails security camera scans Amy and Sonic. "Tails you're friends have arrived for designated meeting. "Thanks, Lucy. Tails says cheerfully, Tails opens the door. "Sorry about that guys, it's my new security system." Come in." Sonic and Amy exchange a confused look,shrug their shoulders and walk into the house.