Chapter 5- Dress up Time!

A/N: I'm baaack! Nothing much to say, the past few days have been rather boring... Oh wait! New York! It was awesome. I love the city life. But other than that, nothing. So onwards!

The next day, Emma got up at 11, as usual, almost forgetting about the dance. Cursing under her breath, she swiftly ate leftovers from last night and jumped into the shower. Afterwards, she stood in her room with her bathrobe wrapped around her, wondering what to wear. Opening her closet, she pulled out a green flowery top, followed by a pair of skinny jeans.

"No... no... no," she muttered; pulling out shirt after shirt, jeans after jeans, "What should I wear?" she asked, wringing her hands in frustration. Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in," she called. The door slowly creaked open to reveal her mom, carrying a small bag in her hand. She dumped the contents onto Emma's bed, to reveal a beautiful dress. With thin straps, it started out as teal, but slowly faded into purple. It had a small sash at the waist, embroidered with rhinestones.

Dropping down the shorts in her hands, Emma shyly asked, "Is that for me?"

Her mother nodded, "Beautiful, isn't it? Not only that, but it's also convenient. See this over here?" She stretched one of the folds of the dress to reveal a hidden pocket. "It can hold 5 ninja stars, although you will just be needing two. And this strap over here is a perfect fit for your dagger." Noticing Emma's confused expression, she quickly explained, "Your principal said that the Samurai may plan to attack tonight. He recommended that you carry some, just in case they do.
Jake will be carrying a few as well. After all, you both have had a bit of practice over the summer with weapons."

Emma nodded and carried the dress to the bathroom, where she slipped it on, careful not to let it touch the floor. Looking at herself in the mirror, she gasped. Emma didn't often wear dresses, but when she did, it surprised her. Letting her hands drop to her sides, she opened the door and stepped out.

When her mother saw her, she had the same reaction as Emma. "It's beautiful," she whispered, "You're beautiful!"

Emma smiled a quick thank you and took a look at the clock. It was 2:35! How had time passed by so quickly? Grabbing her weapons and phone, she ran downstairs, just to almost run into Jake.

"Whoa," he replied, putting his hands out in front of her. "You look...Wow."

Emma's face was on fire as she looked at the ground and muttered, "Thanks." Jake looked amazing: in a black dress pant with a white shirt and teal-purple tie to match her dress. She was just about to ask about the tie, when she remembered that it was a formal dance. Curse Liz, Katie, and Nina for not telling her! She had a million thoughts running through her head when she heard her father's voice behind her.

"Enough flirting you lovebirds," he called, "Time for a picture."

'Just one?' thought Emma, as she pulled her boyfriend into the middle of the main hall. With this as her first dance, her parents would want to take a million pictures. She looked apologetically to Jake, who just shrugged.

After what seemed like 10 hours, but was actually 10 minutes, the photo session was over. Jake took a look at his watch and observed, "It's 2:45. We should get going, since it takes 15 minutes to walk there, and the dance starts at 3."

Emma's parents, along with Jake's had both offered to drive the couple, but both teens declined. The clubhouse wasn't that far, and it was nice to take a walk before the dance.

Emma slipped on her strappy sandals and lightly touched the waterfall braid circling her head. Her mother had done it for her, and all she could think of was how beautiful it looked. Waving bye to Emma's parents, the couple walked outside into the fresh cool air.