Chapter 8 - I think my queue is broken

A/N: When someone's supposed to be yelling I like to make it bold instead of all caps, because all caps just looks goofy.

You closed your eyes, you were at peace in the water. That was until you felt something grab you by the hips and pull you down into it.

As you were being dragged down you involuntarily took a breath and inhaled a crap ton of water. You whipped around and saw Aonung laughing, he thought this was funny?

I smacked my tail against his abdomen as hard as I could and launched myself back above the water while choking.

Aonung resurfaced not even a second later and patted my back,

"My bad," he mumbled into my ear as my coughing stopped.

I just looked at him before laughs and screams caught our attention. Both of us looked to our right to see the boy named Lo'ak miserably failing while trying to ride an ilu.

We swam over and Tseriya started to teach them how to breath muttering about how they weren't ready for ilu's yet and glaring at roxto, she put her hand on Lo'ak's stomach talking about how to breath and shit but I just tuned her out.

Me and Aonung stared at eachother, looking into each others eyes. I don't know how long it lasted but the moment came to an abrupt end as the blue boy behind me, I think Neteyam, bumped into me.

"Sorry Y/N," he said.

I just chuckled and said "your fine,"

I looked around and saw that the group had left and gone back to the shore, it was getting dark.

"Your family left, are you lost?"

"What?!" He said frantically looking around.

I just pointed to the shore and he made a little 'ohh' sound

"Thanks," he said "I didn't even notice they left. I guess beauty is just so enchanting,"

"Yeah the sea is very beautiful after all," I said smiling to myself and remembering my first time in the water, it had been so beautiful and enchanting that it put me into a trance.

"Oh yeah the sea, right" he said quickly swimming away, but then he turned around

"Thanks for the help Y/N," he yelled

Aonung scoffed in response and I just nodded and waved.

"Do you believe the gal of that boy, flirting with you so shamelessly," he sounded upset,

I spun around to look him in the eye

"He is sort of cute don't you think," I asked, teasing him.

He put his hands on my hips and I put mine on his shoulders, rapping my legs around him. Our faces were level now and we stared at each other. Both of us leaned in and I closed my eyes, I felt his lips touch mine and.....

"RAHHHH"

We both jumped off each other, red in the face, as Roxto propelled himself out of the water. His smile dropped once he realized what he interrupted,

"Oh shit bro, my bad I didn't realize y'all were kissing,"

"Let's just go back and see what the blue kids are up to" I sighed,

Was I being too pushy? Did Aonung even want this? He was future Olo'eyktan he couldn't mate with an outsider like me. I looked over at him with guilt tearing me up from the inside, I didn't want him to feel forced into anything, especially a relationship with me.

We've been friends for so long, we went through everything together. He was there for me and I was there for him. I know for a fact that there were so many capable women after him, he could do way better than me.