Chapter 7

(Sorry, my college started

(Sorry, my college started. That's why I couldn't upload last few days...)

"More blood!"

Beep...Beep...

"Don't let it die out!"

Beep...

"Stabilize it!!"

...

Tsunade and Sakura abruptly stopped when machine showed flatlined graph.

Boruto's cold and pale body laid on the operating table...

...dead...

"We need to do everything we can to bring him back!" Tsunade gritted her teeth as she ordered.

Few nurses ran out of the room to get more equipments.

Naruto and the rest of the family were sitting in front of the operating room. When Naruto saw nurse's running out, he stopped one of them and asked.

"How's Boruto!?"

"Flatlined. But we are doing everything we can, Hokage-sama!"

Naruto stood still while the nurse ran past him.

His son... Boruto...

"No! Boruto!" Hinata fell on her knees crying hysterically, while Kawaki and Himawari tried to lift Hinata up.

Tenten cried as Neji held her. Neji looked at the operating room with gritted teeth.

"Hurry up! We got a heartbeat!" A nurse yelled at the other nurse who was returning with blood bags.

"P-please save Boruto!" Naruto begged with glassy eyes while the two nurse's nodded and closed the door.

"What happened to Boruto!?" A familiar voice asked the family.

Naruto and Neji turned around as the ladies and the kids were in no condition to hold a conversation.

There stood Sasuke, slightly panting. He looked he came running straight from bed, with his hair all over the place and his clothes all disheveled.

"Boruto tried to commit suicide..." Naruto started but couldn't complete as he looked away.

Neji put his arm around Naruto's shoulder and continued.

"Before Naruto could stop him or do anything, he fell unconscious. He immediately called Sakura and here we are. We have yet to receive information about his current conditions from Tsunade."

Sasuke stood there like Naruto, slowly processing the news, that his student tried to end his own life.

Sasuke had anticipated everything but thinking about suicide isn't like Boruto. So...is something going on with his Karma?

So many unanswered questions ran through the three men's mind.

They are thankful that Shikamaru and Sai are taking their places, covering their duties.

The time flew not caring about the anxiety it's delivering to certain people in the hospital.

The small crowd waited for a happy news as their minds traveled back to the past when everything was alright.

They waited...

One hour...

Four hours...

Ten hours...

Twenty four hours...

The door opened revealing Sakura and Tsunade followed by sleepy nurse's.

Sasuke, Neji and Naruto ran towards them while others watched with hopeful eyes.

"It's over. The operation is a success. Boruto is alive." Tsunade declared.

Everyone's face filled with relief and happiness.

"Thank you Baa-chan, thank you Sakura." Naruto thanked the two doctors with beaming smile.

"However, he is still unconscious. So we are moving him to the ICU for observation." Tsunade said and motioned the nurse behind her.

The nurses nodded and took Boruto to the ICU, his family and doctors following close by.

Boruto was unconscious, but there weren't any problematic symptoms.

So after three days, Tsunade transferred Boruto into a ward. She said someone should always by his side, incase he wakes up and tries to kill himself again.

Another four days have passed with Boruto lying unconscious in the hospital.

Hinata sat beside his bed on a stool, gently carassing his cheeks.

"It's been three weeks since you ate something, Boruto. So please wake up!" Hinata whispered.

She heard that even if someone is in coma, they still hear what their loved ones are saying.

She sighed. She should let Boruto rest more seeing, not only he hasn't been eating, he hasn't been sleeping well either.

All of her contradicting thoughts were put to rest by a dry voice.

"Mom..."

To be continued...