8.Ready To Run Away

The Sun Bathing In The Moonlight

Ninjashouyou1021

8.Ready To Run Away

The next morning Kenma reluctantly makes his way towards the dining hall to get something to eat before going to the gym. He takes some rice and a few side dishes, then he makes his way to an empty table. Since he was looking at the floor to evade the crowd, he was about to crash into someone but before it happens the person in front of him stops and puts his hand on Kenma's shoulder to keep from losing his balance.

"Sorry," He mutters softly as he looks up slowly.

To his surprise he is greeted with Shoyo's smiling face. He feels his mood brighten as soon as he sees his beautiful smile but as yesterday's scene flashes quickly through his mind he remembers all the bitterness and he feels his heart tightening.

"Kenma, good morning" Shoyo replies still smiling.

Kenma nods lightly, not in the best disposition to talk right now. He is trying his best to conceal his bad mood.

"Do you want to sit together?" Shoyo asks trying to cut the silence short.

Kenma feels his bad mood start to dissipate slowly as his eyes brighten. Feeling relieved that Shoyo still wants to be around him and that he took the initiative to invite him first.

"Oka─" he tries to accept Shoyo's invitation quickly but is interrupted by a loud voice.

"Hinata! Hurry and come eat," Bokuto shouts loudly, waving at Shoyo from a table.

Shoyo turns around and waves back at him with a wide and happy smile. Kenma's blood rushes through his veins and a sudden feeling of anger takes over him. He grabs his food tightly and brushes past Shoyo without saying a word, bumping his shoulder as he walks past him.

"Kenma, wait─" Shoyo starts.

"You should go, they are waiting for you," Kenma snaps back at him, his tone came out ruder than he intended to but his anger and hurt feelings stop him from apologizing.

Shoyo, who was reaching his hand towards him, suddenly freezes and he pulls his arm back, his expression looks shocked and hurt. The moment Kenma looks at it he immediately regrets it but he's still too angry to think clearly so he just turns around and walks away, leaving Shoyo standing there.

Kenma sits down and forces down the food through his mouth, it tastes sour, and it feels like a piece of metal is going down his throat cutting through it. He feels bad for tarnishing Shoyo's beautiful smiling and shining face with such an ugly and unfitting expression. He knows he didn't do anything wrong and it's just Kenma sulking on his own, but he can't help being angry at Shoyo.

Just when it looks like he is coming to Kenma and is focusing on him someone always comes and distracts him, taking him away from him. All he wants is for Shoyo to look only at him for a moment, but Shoyo's attention always seems to be wandering somewhere else.

With his anger and remorse Kenma drags his feet towards the gym where his teammates are already waiting for him. He lets out a deep sigh and slowly takes off his jacket then he joins in on their warmup before today's games start.

Nekoma finishes their game against Fukurodani. It was a close game but they still didn't manage to beat team and lost by a three-point difference. The team gathers to rest for a bit and drink some water while they wait for the next match to start.

"We can't seem to win against Fukurodani much," Yaku says looking at the final score. They all turn to see it, agreeing with Yaku.

"Looks like Ubugawa and Karasuno finished their game as well," Kuro points out as he looks in their direction.