3. Short Reunion

The Sun Bathing In The Moonlight

Ninjashouyou1021

3.Short Reunion

Finally, it's time for the joint practice games with the schools from the Fukurodani group that are taking place at Nekoma Metropolitan School, it will only be for two days, but it's still better than nothing. And soon after that the full week training camp will come.

Kenma woke up earlier than usual and is feeling excited but anxious at the same time. It will be the first time he sees Shoyo for a long time, and while he can't wait to finally see that sunshine like boy, he is also scared that he might not be able to talk properly with him now that he will have the opportunity to talk face to face and not just through the phone.

The other schools arrived earlier and started playing while they waited for Karasuno to arrive. Kenma was feeling restless and he couldn't but keep glancing at the door of the gym every minute. His teammates called out to him and told him to concentrate a few times so Kenma had to make a better effort to conceal his casual glances to the door while trying to trick his teammates into thinking he was focused on the game.

After a few sets, they announced that Karasuno had arrived, Kenma felt his heart race faster, ready to run out of the gym and go welcome Shoyo. But he was soon stopped by their coach who assigned Kuro and a few other members to go receive the crows while he made everyone else stay behind and keep practicing and tidy up the gym that was filled with balls that ended up flying in every direction.

Kenma showed the discontent in his face but had no choice but to stay behind, he decided to entertain himself by picking up some balls that were around him while he waited for Kuro and the others to bring Karasuno in.

Finally, the sound of the gym doors opening make Kenma turn around, waiting expectantly. He watches carefully as the Karasuno guys waltz inside the gym, he quickly scans through them trying to locate the orange head but to his surprise he can't find it. He frowns intently looking around once more to make sure he didn't miss him, but he knows there's no way he would have. Shoyo isn't among his Karasuno teammates.

"Where's Shoyo?" Kenma asks not realizing he said it out loud.

"Apparently, he and Kageyama failed a subject, so they had to stay behind to take their supplementary exam so they'll arrive later," Yamamoto explains beside him.

Clearly disappointed by this, Kenma lets the ball in his hands drop to the floor and turns his back to Karasuno, feeling a bit hurt that Shoyo didn't even tell him about that when he knew he was expecting their meeting so much. Weren't they close now? Didn't Shoyo think of Kenma as much as Kenma thought of him?

Suddenly all the excitement he had felt was gone and he was left feeling extremely exhausted. So, Kenma made his goal of the day to deceive his team and slack of as much as possible.

They're about to start with the last game of the day when suddenly the doors of the gym open and an unknown blonde woman enters.

"They're here!" she shouts out of breath and that's when Kenma's gaze searches behind the woman and it finally lands on the orange fluffy hair he had been looking forward to seeing since this morning.

Shoyo glances around the gym with his eyes sparkling with excitement, then he quickly goes over to his teammates and begins shouting loudly. Kenma follows Shoyo's every move with his eyes as he waits for the overly excited Shoyo to notice him.

"You can finally stop sulking right Kenma?" Kuro teases standing beside him as he watches Karasuno's first year duo prepare to go into the court. Kenma just glares at him before returning his attention to Shoyo. Right when he turns around his eyes meets with Shoyo's, the boys face immediately lights up with a big smile as he waves excitedly to Kenma. He blushes slightly as he is struck by Shoyo's light, but after remembering how he had to wait in vain this morning and how Shoyo didn't look for him as soon as he entered the place, he feels a bit annoyed and hurt so he just turns around and goes back to their game dragging Kuro back with him. And right after finishing the game he runs out of the gym and into the showers. Then he goes back to hiding in their room.