She said that apparently patrons feeling like they're being watched, Mai thought as she brushed off the feeling. I'm sure that could be explained by people getting freaked out with stories and rumors of the place. Maybe even an EMF fluctuation? Lin said something about that can cause feelings of paranoia.

She wondered what Naru found on the E.V.P.s. I somehow get the feeling he might have reached a dead end, I wonder what else he might be checking up on. And what about that cop that Kiko talked to yesterday? I wonder if he tried to call her.

Before Mai knew it, she had made her way to Base and found not just a Naru, but a Yasuhara sitting on the couch across from him. "Whoa, who died?" Mai asked seeing the solemn men.

"That's what we're trying to figure out," Naru replied, going through his notebook and jotting down something. "You may have been onto something, Mai."

Mai raised a brow and looked at the college student who leaned back and sighed. "Kiko and I were looking over the lake and she fell," he explained, adjusting his glasses. "I slid down after her and dove down to find that something had caught her leg and dragged her down."

"Like a spirit?" Mai asked, sitting on the arm of the couch.

"Not quite, when I reached her I could see what had its hold on her." He shot a look at the black clad man in front of him. "It was a skeleton. It grabbed her hand and didn't let go until I grabbed her."

Mai's blood ran cold at the thought. Pretty... "You said-"

Yasuhara nodded. "The skeleton was small, like a child. The only problem is we don't know how long it's been since she died. She could have died a hundred years-"

"You said, 'she?'" Mai interrupted with a blink.

"Yeah," he confirmed with another nod. "It could be the girl Ms. Kikuchi told you about but-"

"Did she have a pink shirt? With daisies on the sleeves and a heart in the front?" Mai blurted, feeling her wrist burn. She scratched it and put it back to her side.

"Yeah, actually. How did you know?" Both men gave her a curious glance. Mai could only furrow her brow as she looked to her hands.

"Did you have a dream?" Naru asked, breaking her from her reverie.

She shook her head with a jerk. "No, I haven't had any dreams or visions that would help us, at least." She rolled her eyes as she spoke. This is getting annoying, she thought. I've lost contact with my spirit guide but I'm still knowing information that I shouldn't. Maybe I should call Hozumi, I haven't talked to him since last week-

"Mai?" She shook her head as she came back to the reality of her boss calling her name. She blinked and saw him finally. "How did you know what the skeleton was wearing?"

She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "Your guess is as good as mine. The thought just popped in my head and I said it before thinking about it." Her brow knitted as she crossed her arms. "At one point, Monk said I was clairvoyant. I thought it was because of my visions, but is it possible that visions aren't the only way I find out information?"

"We did talk about your abilities evolving," Naru replied with an interested look in his eyes.

Knock. Knock.

"It's open," Mai called, looking back at the door. Chika opened it and entered.

"Forgive my intrusion," she said with a bow. "Mr. Mizushima wanted me to let you know that Mr. Murakami has taken the liberty of informing the authorities of what your team has found, Mr. Shibuya." She turned to Yasuhara and Mai could see a sympathetic look in her eyes. "Mr. Yasuhara, he police will wish to speak with you and your wife. I understand she's resting, but-"