Curse of a Psychic

Chapter 5-Hell Released

July Day 4 12:00 P.M.

"What day is it?" was her first question, not even bothering to attempt to sit up. If opening her eyes could cause her pain, what would that do! "What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Kiko asked, Mai shook her head grimacing in response. "Ayako, could you and Masako go get my mother?"

"Sure." The two left in a second.

"I just remember the séance, Masako was possessed and tried to choke herself. John was able to drive the entity out and then-" Before Mai could finish, she was about to sit up in her realization. Kiko held her down.

"Don't! Don't sit up!" she said, gently pressing Mai's shoulders to the bed.

"What is it, Mai?" Yasuhara and Monk walked over to her side.

"Naru! Is he okay?" Mai asked worriedly.

"Somehow, I knew she would ask that," Kiko smiled.

"He left last night after Sakura treated you, he hasn't come back yet," Monk explained.

"If you ask me, I think he was just pissed that you ruined his mojo by pushing him out of the way."

"Yasu!" Kiko threw a pillow at him.

"He'll be back, won't he?" Mai whimpered.

"He said he needed a piece of info and went to find it," Yasuhara explained.

"He probably should've just waited," Monk smirked.

"Why's that?"

"Mai, you had a dream, didn't you?" Mai nodded.

"I get it." Kiko smiled.

"How are you feeling, Mai?" Sakura asked walking into the room.

Sakura ushered everyone out of the room except Ayako and Kiko. After looking Mai over, redressing her wound, and a painkiller later, Sakura left and the group was reunited. "Well?" Monk asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"She said I'll just be sore for a while, the wound's closed up and if I don't strain myself I can get up whenever I want." Mai was now in a sitting position, pillows placed between her and the headboard.

"At least there's good news for a change," Yasuhara commented.

"What about your dream?" Ayako asked, crossing her legs.

Mai explained the visions from her dream, conveniently leaving Dream Naru out of it. Everyone listened intently, reeling in the details of events leading to the fire. The reasoning behind the hate concentrated in the house.

"So, the woman crying out for this Shichiro guy is the other spirit in the house?" Ayako relayed, as Monk shook his head.

"Weren't you listening!" A purse was thrown. "Seriously! What do you keep in there!"

"The woman in Mai's dream is just a memory, she sounds far too young to be the woman I sensed," Masako commented behind her kimono sleeve.

"At least we know the story behind the fire," Monk added, rubbing his head.

"Which reminds me," Yasuhara pulled out a strip of paper. "I had asked a couple of girls from Rokuryou to help with the research of the house. I forgot to call them and tell them that the documents were already here. However, one of them, Yori, called me this morning and gave me some interesting information."

"Well, are you going to just leave us hanging?" Ayako was getting annoyed.

"Her great-grandmother lived in this area when she was a child. Her father was one of the police officers that helped the mob in Mai's dream."