Chapter 20

Alex sat on Snape's bed and stared at the floor as Snape collected his things for his next class. He finally noticed Alex's body language and quickly became concerned. He carefully walked over and sat down beside her on the bed. "Dare I ask what is troubling you?" He asked sarcasticly with a hint of concern in his voice. "He's dead because of me." Alex whispered with a hollow voice. This caught Snape's attention. "Who's dead?"
Alex looked up at him, her eyes glittering with tears. "Mr. Crouch." Alex whimpered. Snape's eyes widened as he grabbed Alex by her shoulders and shook her roughly. "What did you do, Alex?!" He demanded. Alex let a sob escape her lips. "Mr. Crouch is dead because Junior killed him!" Alex let the tears fall. "He killed Mr. Crouch because Junior said he was in the way of being with me... I tried, Severus! I tried to bring him back but Junior wouldn't let me!" Alex was now crying histerically as Snape's face grew even more serious. "He choked me out and I woke tied to a bed in the shreiking shack but I escaped! Its all my fault, Severus... I-its all my f-fault!" Alex croaked. Snape pulled her against him and held her tight. "I will have to let Albus know of Mr. Crouch's death and location of his body which I need, Alex." Alex opened her mouth but Albus barged in. "Severus, Potter found Mr. Crouch's body and I-" he paused when he saw her. Alex nodded and bit her lip as more tears fell. Albus moved forward with an understanding and cautious look. "I need a name, Alex." He said softly. Alex looked up at him with a hate and resentment that Albus nor Snape had never seen before. "Barty Crouch Jr." She hissed. Albus looked surprised as Snape looked furious.

The next couple of months were quiet and uneventful and she nor anyone else had seen or caught Junior. Alex put on her Champion outfit and stood in front of the mirror. She had grown from that scared little girl in the orphanage that was scared of who or what she was, years ago to a strong, confident, independant women. Her hair was almost to her waist and her eyes had grown an even vibrant emerald green. Alex took a calming breath as she tried to shake off the bad feeling that was growing in the pit of her stomach. The door behind her opened and Snape slipped into the room and shut the door behind him. He stood there watching her for a few moments before clearing his throat. Alex looked up at him through the mirror and turned to face him. "What is it?" Alex asked softly. "Its almost time." He said passivly looking anywhere but at her but Alex saw the worry in his eyes. She gave him a comforting smile. "You have always been there for me, haven't you?" Alex asked. Snape nodded, finally making eye contact. "I realize I don't thank you enough for that and I know I've pushed you too far at times or that-"
"Whats your point, Ms. Octavias?" He snapped impatiantly but Alex didn't take it to heart. "I want you to know that if I ever lost you, I would be nothing." Alex said softly. Snape was stunned and rather shocked. If he wasn't the imfamous Potions Master then he would have gapped but he was Severus Snape so his eyebrows just rose almost to his hair line. Alex sucked in a calm breath and moved forward and was about to say something more but a knock came from the door as it opened. Alex looked behind Snape to see Minerva pop her head in. "Its time, Alex." She said saddly. Alex nodded and walked to the door but passing Snape, her fingers grazed his hand, sending shocks through both of them.

Alex walked to stand with the other champions and couldn't shake the horrible feeling that had grown to terrify her. It was so loud as people cheered but the loudest cheers were 'Go, go! Slytherin!' Or 'Go, go! Gryffindor!' There was a blinding flash and a familiar blonde reporter appeared in front of her. "Alexandria Octavias, Slytherin Hogwarts champion, in first place with the Triwizard Tournament. How are you feeling about this next task or have you bribbed the judges with your unlimited wealth?" She asked with a hint of hate. Alex gave her a sweet smile. "Rita Skeeter, I feel fine and have done no such thing. Where would the fun in that be?" Skeeter scoffed but before she could say anything else, Alex moved in extremely close to her. "Hows your bug problem?" Alex asked. Skeeter looked at her with alarm the fiery as she turned and stormed away. Alex chuckled and turned to see Albus command silence from the excited crowd then cast an non-verbal Sonorus charm on his wand and put the tip to his neck. "Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin!" Alex took another calming breath. Her hsorrible feeling was now twisting in her gut. "Let me remind you how the ranks currently stand! Tied in first place is Ms. Alexandria Octavias and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts!" The cheers and applause was almost deafening on Alex. "In second place is Mr. Victor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place, Ms. Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Acadamy!" Alex scanned the stadium and felt her fear claw at her. "Ms. Octavias and Mr. Potter will enter the maze first. On the sound of the cannon!" Alex drew her wand and calmed her sudden heavy breathing. The cannon went off and Alex watched Harry run into the maze. She gribbed her wand and ran after him.