Chapter 14

Alex sat in the Great Hall enchanting a guitar to play. Snape had cut her off and refused to even look at her. Alex had never felt so broken and alone. Alex was alone in the room. She used her wand as a microphone. Alex let the silent tears fall down her face.

"I still remember the look on your face
Lit through the darkness at 1:58
The words that you whispered
For just us to know
You told me you loved me
So why did you go away?
Away

I do recall now the smell of the rain
Fresh on the pavement
I ran off the plane
That July 9th
The beat of your heart
It jumps through your shirt
I can still feel your arms" Alex closed her eyes and let herself go as she swayed softly.

"But now I'll go sit on the floor
Wearing your clothes
All that I know is
I don't know how to be something you miss
I never thought we'd have a last kiss
Never imagined we'd end like this
Your name, forever the name on my lips" Tears streamed down her face as she thought about the first time Snape kissed her delicate rose petal soft lips.

"I do remember the swing of your step
The life of the party, you're showing off again
And I roll my eyes and then
You pull me in
I'm not much for dancing
But for you I did" Alex didn't realize the audience she was attracting as the staff members pushed inside and watched the girl that obviously was in heartbreak.

"Because I love your handshake, meeting my father
I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets
How you kissed me when I was in the middle of saying something
There's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions" Alex swayed even more as she wrapped an arm around her waist.

"And I'll go sit on the floor
Wearing your clothes
All that I know is
I don't know how to be something you miss
Never thought we'd have a last kiss
Never imagined we'd end like this
Your name, forever the name on my lips" Minerva was crying at the saddness the song held. Albus was frowning at Snape, whom was watching the girl with remorse. He took a few steps backwards and left the room.

"So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep
And I feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe
And I keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are
Hope it's nice where you are" Alex smiled softly.

"And I hope the sun shines
And it's a beautiful day
And something reminds you
You wish you had stayed
You can plan for a change in weather and time
But I never planned on you changing your mind." Alex felt her hope grip her heart tightly as she sang her heart out.

"So I'll go sit on the floor
Wearing your clothes
All that I know is
I don't know how to be something you miss
Never thought we'd have a last kiss
Never imagined we'd end like this
Your name, forever the name on my lips" Teachers watch Alex with awe and truley felt her pain.

"Just like our last kiss
Forever the name on my lips

Just like our last... " Alex ended it and opened her eyes in suprise as applause broke out across the room. Minerva ran up and pulled Alex into a bone crushing hug as she sobbed into Alex's hair.

Alex was found feeding Buckbeak by Hagrid. "I got 'ya a present." He said and handed her a broom. "Alex grinned and listened to Hagrid's instructions on how to use the magic broomstick. Alex put it between her legs and he was launched into the sky. Alex screamed as she zoomed over the grounds. She flipped upside down and screamed as she held on for dear life. She heard the squawk of Buckbeak and turned her head to see him flying after her. Alex managed to flip upright and slow down the broom. Alex laughed and did loop de' loops. She soared up into the dark clouds and instantly regretted it. Dementors swooped toward her with an eerie quietness. Alex held still and watched with panic setting in slowly. She pulled out her wand and thought of Snape but then felt the sadness set in. she was then knocked off the broom and fell threw the air. Alex gasped but Buckbeak caught her. Alex petted his feathers and held her broom tightly. "Hold steady bud." Alex ordered. Something was soaring toward her so she did, what she thought was a smart move and jumped from the Hippogriff. Alex screamed as she fell through the air. Dementors were on either side of her as she fell. Alex saw the ground coming fast and took a calming breath and put the broom between her legs and pulled it up as she almost collided with the ground. Alex got off and turned with her wand. she casted her patronus and her faithful panther lept from her wand and chased after the dementors, protecting her from their cold skelital fingers. Alex watched as it growled and tore through them with its magnificent claws. Snape came running um and shoved her to the side causing her patronus to disappear and hit the dirt. Alex looked up as a doe lept from his wand. A dementor came from Snape's blind spot and knocked him to the ground as it hovered over him. "NO!" Alex screamed and moved in a blur. She tackled the dementor to the ground and ended up ontop of it. Alex had her hands around its neck. She ripped it's throat out but instead of blood it was black smoke. Alex saw more were circling him. Alex got off and grabbed her wand as she ran to his side. Alex put a hand on his chest as she pointed her wand at them. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Alex shouted. She thought about the first time she saw Snape and the way his eyes sparkled. Her panther lept from her wand and chased them away. It was extremely powerful and a sight to behold. Alex held focus and felt a hand come to close over her hand that was placed on Snape's chest. Her patronus seemed to grow brighter as it tore into the icy cold figures. The dementors flew off and she lost focus. Her panther disappeared and she lowered her wand to her side. Alex looked down and Snape was staring up at her with dark glittering eyes. Alex pulled her hand away from him and stood. Alex looked away from him and walked over to her disgaurded broom. She picked it up and mounted it. She heard Buckbeak sqwauk and took off. The wind whiped through her hair as she left the thought of Snape behind.