Chapter 6

Alex sat at the Great Table eating eggs and bacon when she over heard the rest of the staff's conversation. "I bet 12 sickles the girl will end up in Ravenclaw." Flitwick proclaimed. Alex smirked. "Well I'll bet you a gallion she will be placed in Gryffindor." Minerva said proudly. "I bet you 5 gallions she'll be a Hufflepuff." Sprout said before she raised her goblet to her lips. Albus turned to Snape. "What of you, Severus?" Snape smirked and looked at the staffs antisipated faces. "I shall award 700 points to every house if she is not placed in Slytherin." Albus chuckled. "That confident, Severus?"

"You could say that, Albus." Minerva eyed Snape. "What do you get if she is placed in Slytherin?" Snape chuckled evily causing some staff to shift uncomfortably. "Glad you asked, Minerva, because if I win, the rest of the staff members must wear Slytherin scarves for the whole first day of classes." The rest of the staff talked among themselves before agreeing. Alex rolled eyes slightly at Snape's cocky attitude. She finished her breakfast.

Alex already recieved her school supplies and wand. The wand was 11 inches, ebony wood, dragon heartstring with a pheonix feather core, and a lovely chinese pattern handel. So she sat in Minerva's chambers and read about lineeages. She was about to flip the page when she recognized a name. Octavias. It started from a long list of names untill she saw Alexander Octavias. A line went from his name to a Holly Cambridge. In brackets below both names was deceased. She looked everywhere else but her name was no where to be found. Alex then looked up Cambridge. It was a long line but it stopped at Holly Cambridge. Alex sighed but stopped. Elinor Cambridge was deceased but her husband, Anthony Switch was apparently alive. Alex grew excited.

Alex bursted into Albus' office with the book clutched tightly in her hands, unaware she just interupted a meeting with Snape and Minerva. "Professor Dumbledore! I just found this amazing information that could lead me to my family!" They all looked at her with suprize. Alex rushed up to Albus' desk and set the heavy book down. She pointed to Anthony Switch's name. Albus and Minerva put on their glasses and read. "My Grandfather, Anthony Switch, is still alive!" Snape's impassive face turned murderous. "Can I go visit him or even meet him?" Albus took off his specticals and looked at Snape with a serious face. Albus looked back at Alex. "Of course, child but first I must warn you that your grandfather is a very cruel non-magical person that was very... unkind to your mother and grandmother," Snape scoffed. "But yes, Professor Snape will take you." That silenced Snape.

So there they were, standing outside a house that caused Severus so much anger. Alex ran up to the door, ignoring Snape's protests. She knocked and waited. Snape appeared by her side as the door opened a crack. "What ya' want?" Came the rude reply. "Switch? Anthony Switch?" Alex asked. The door opened to reveal a balding thin man that had a bottle in his hand and a bathroom robe on. "Who's askin?" He eyed her and then looked at Snape. Recognition appeared on the muggle's face. "Ya' got alot of nerve comin here." The man's breath reeked of alchol. Snape ignored him. "My name is Alexandria Octavias and I'm your granddaughter." She said. The man whistled. "So that little slut was with that monster." Alex looked confused. "Pardon?"

"Yeah, your mum ran off with a murderer and spreaded her legs only to burden me with you, I guess?" Snape cut in quickly. "Mr. Switch, Ms. Octavias isn't here to live with you, she is adopted, but she came here to meet you against everyone else's better... judgement." Anthony glared at him. "Her grandmother and her mother were filthy, whores, and freaks. Just by looking at this little slag, I can tell that she's even more so," Alex had tears growing in her eyes. "I should have slit her mother's throat when I had the chance." Anthony barked. Alex took a step back. "Professor Snape, I'de like to return to Hogwarts now." She whispered. Snape grabbed her arm and apperated them away.

Alex sat in Minerva's chambers, crying for the rest of the day. She even fell asleep with Mrs. Noris in her arms. Alex awoke to Minerva stroking her hair gently.
"Minerva?"

"Yes?"

"Could you ask Hagrid to bring me a cup of tea. Please tell him I really need it." Minerva thought it was strange but agreed either way. Hagrid arrived 20 minutes later with Snape and Minerva following. Hagrid casted them a nervous look. "Honestly, its just tea!" He spotted Alex and walked over. He sat on the edge of the bed and handed her the goblet. Alex looked up at the two teacher's suspicious gazes. "It's just tea that Hagrid has brought me. You realize that it is indeed just tea and you have better things to do." Minerva and Snape nodded and walked over to Minerva's couch. Hagrid gave her a confused look. Alex put the goblet to her lips and quickly started to drink the chicken blood. "What did ya' do to them?" Alex finished off the cup and handed it back to Hagrid. "I just changed their minds abit," she paused. "I don't do it often because I get really tired after." Hagrid nodded. "Thanks Hagrid." She called as the half giant stood and left. She saw Snape watching her from the corner of his eye. Alex stared back and subtilly admired Snape. She looked away when she heard a howle. She got out of bed and rushed to the window. Then she saw it. A beautiful native wolf howl at the moon. From its size, Alex knew it was a male. It looked up at her and perked its ears up. "What are you looking at, Alex?" Minerva asked from the couch. "Nothing, may I go to the library? I think I left my book there." Minerva nodded. Alex rushed from the room as the elderly witch shouted at her to hurry back.

Alex made it to the forest tree line but hesitated. She looked back at the castle and then back at the trees. She took a calming breath and ran in. She dug deep down for her Vampire instinct and scents grew stronger as her sight grew stronger too. She ran after the wolf scent and eventually came to a clearing. "Hello?" She called. There was a growle then a yelp and a young boy about her age with native skin, dark brown eyes, and black hair stepped into the clearing. "What do you want, Vampire." He said the word with such disgust but Alex didn't pay any attention. "What are you?" She looked him over curiously. "I'm a natural born wolf. Muggles call me a native werewolf but unlike those monsters, I choose when to turn." He puffed out his chest proudly as Alex raised an eyebrow with an unimpressed expression. "So basicly a natural born animagus?" She asked. The boy's ego quickly deflated. "Yeah..." he muttered. Alex smirked and held her hand out. "Alexandria Octavias and you are?" The boy smirked and moved forward, shaking her hand. "Seth Clearwater." She smiled but it was quickly wiped off her face when he started to laugh. "Oh, this is rich! A vegitarian Vampire!!" He had let go of her hand as he put his hands on his knees to keep himself from falling to the ground in a fit of laughter. Alex's cheeks went crimson. "Shut up, no I'm not!" She barked. "Denie it all you want but my nose is never wrong and my nose tells me that you had chicken blood!" Alex glared at him and shoved him but Seth didn't fight back, just kept on laughing. "Fuck you!" She shouted and ran back to the castle with Vampire speed.

She walked into Minerva's chambers and fell asleep, curled up next to the elderly witch.