"Who's Jack Frost," he says, miffed, as he uses some magic to form the ball of snow perfectly, small blue frost patterns decorating it. He eyes his target and throws the snowball directly at the back of Jamie's head.

"Okay, who did that?" he yells with a laugh, playfully narrowing his eyes at each of his friends in turn.

"Wasn't bigfoot, although I could see a resemblance," jack chuckles, aiming another snowball at one of the kids with glasses, Monty. It's very easy to get a snowball fight going, Jack would know, especially with the help of his magic. one by one, all of the children get hit with the snow, eyes sparkling as they laugh and join in on the fun.

"Crud, I hit Cupcake." one of the girls, Pippa, jack thinks her name was, whispers, staring at the larger third-grader as her eyes narrow on the group.

"She hit Cupcake," Monty states, wide-eyed, tense, and prepared to make a break for it back home.

"You hit cupcake?" Claude gapes, watching as Cupcake focuses in on Jamie who was laying on the ground. She growls, ready to say something when another snowball hits her directly in the face.

"Oh no!"

"Did you throw that?"

"No!"

"Wasn't me!"

The group watches in silence as Cupcake wipes the snow off, eyes narrowed and staring at her sleeve before she starts to laugh as jacks magic sets in. she turns, ripping the head off the snowman she had been making and running after the others with it held over her hand. Everyone laughs and scatters, running like their lives depend on it as Cupcake chases after.

Jack was not sure how Jamie managed to get onto his sled, or how he even started creating the ice path for him to ride on, but he was there, sending sheets of ice down the road as Jamie sped off, all his friends cheering and chasing after him as best as they could. The cars on the street made Jack nervous, so he tried to keep Jamie and the ice away from them as much as possible.

Jack laughs and watches as Jamie goes airborne, landing in a large pile of snow as Jack settles on top of a statue. The rest of Jamie's friends are quick to catch up, asking him questions as soon as they see him make his way out of the soft snow.

The group is talking excitedly, slowly calming down from the excitement, when a loose couch slams into Jamie, making Jack cringe and cover his face with his hands.

"Whoops... that's gotta hurt." He murmurs before peeking between his fingers to look at the boy.

Jamies hand pops up over the side of the couch, a white tooth with specks of blood clenched in his fist.

"I lost a tooth!" he says triumphantly, pulling himself to his feet by the arm of the couch. Jamie smiles and you can easily see where the tooth came from and his friends laugh while some even cheer.

"Dude! that means cash," Claude starts, his twin shoving him slightly to get closer to Jamie, "Toothfairy cash! T love the Tooth Fairy!" Caleb exclaims, checking out the tooth still gripped in Jamie's fist.

"Oh no." jack sighs, smile slipping off his face as the kids swap from Jamies sled ride to the Toothfairy.

"I gotta put this under my pillow!" Jamie exclaims, the group slowly making their way back up towards their home.

"h-hey! Wait a minute! Come on, hold it, hold it! What about all the fun we just had? Wasn't the Toothfairy that's for sure, that was me!" He exclaims, but the kids don't notice, they don't hear him, and continue talking about the guardian. He frowns and the sky overhead begins to darken.

"I lost two teeth in one day once - remember that?!" Pippa exclaims, spinning slightly, "What are you gonna spend your money on? What are you gonna buy? How much do you think she's going to leave?"

As Jack looks down from the statue his frustration grows, Storm clouds overhead rumble and darken. The little sprinkles of snow that had started to fall intensified and the kids move a bit faster.

"Ah, it's hot cocoa time!" Monty exclaims and the others agree, shivering as they speed up. Jack tries to follow along, still trying to get their attention, still trying to make them see. Jack blocks Jamie's way as the boy comes running at him, "What's a guy gotta do to get a little attention around here!?"

The frustrated exclamation goes unnoticed as Jamie runs through Jack, leaving the sprite frozen in place. the feeling shakes him to his core, making his body feel tingly with the desire to return to its normal shape. He doesn't notice as the kids all part ways, too focused on trying to keep his shape and not throw up at the same time. The snow falls heavier and Jack pulls his hood up, hugging his staff close to himself as he takes off.

He doesn't really focus on where he goes for a while, but after what has to be a few hours of letting Wind bring him wherever she pleases as he tries to calm down, he ends up back on the Bennetts roof, listening as Jamie excitedly tells his mom about his sled ride. Jack would've been happy if it wasn't all focused on Jamie losing his tooth.

Jack didn't really have anything against the Toothfairy. She seemed like an OK spirit and guardian, better than Bunny at least, but he never tried to seek her out. What would he say to her? she would probably just react the same as every other guardian has. Sandman with indifference, the Easter Bunny with hate and anger, Santa with annoyance and put on the naughty list. There was no need to have another person hate him.

He looks up at Moon, pressing his lips together before he speaks, "If there's something I'm doing wrong, can you, can you just tell me what it is? Because I've tried everything, and no one ever sees me."

He's not surprised to get no response and he pulls his eyes away, staring down at his hands, "You put me here, You showed me how to take this form," he watches as his hands turn fluffy and paler, fingers getting slightly longer and nails sharpening, "the least you can do is tell me, tell me why... please?" he begs, turning his eyes back up to the moon.

His ears are flat against his back, his hood still on his head. The Man in the Moon doesn't speak, he doesn't even seem to be listening. Jack scoffs, squeezing his eyes shut and ignoring the way they sting.

He lets himself shift back, kicking his legs as he watches golden dream sand begin to make its way into houses all throughout burgess.

"Right on time sandman," Jack whispers, getting his feet under him and letting the wind bring him into the sky to get a better view of the dream sand.

~

Look. At. Her. Precious child. So sweet, so full of hope and wonder. Why, there's only one thing missing...a touch of fear...

What a pretty little Nightmare...

Now, I want you to go tell the others the wait is over...

Don't look at me like that, old friend. You must have known this day would come. My Nightmares are finally ready.

Are your Guardians?

here's some art of what jack looks like that my friend made :D