Let the sky fall

After what felt like an eternity, Alejandro finally spoke. "Ghost, we're in". Soap was fine, that was good news. I may not know him for a long time, but in the time we spent together, we grew closer. "What you've got?" 

"El Sin Nombre is in the penthouse. Third floor." Said Soap. " Elevator is a straight shot. We just need Diego's keycard."

"Where's Diego, Ale"

"The ofrenda. Second floor, y/n"

"You seein' anything, Lt.?"

"If you can scout a way to the roof, there's access to the penthouse" Ghost said and I could hear other people talking through Soap's radio. "I'm headed upstairs either way" 

"Find El Sin Nombre and let's get this done. Out here"

[...]

"Graves, Sin Nombre is posing as a female sicaria. We're moving in. You set?"

Female? There's no way...

"A bullet will make you kneel. Ground team, we're clear to move in"

Finally.

"Hermano...¿Qué pasa?" I heard Soap from the radio, probably he forgot to turn it off. "Valeria... I know her"  I frowned as Ghost and I walked to the helicopter. Simon took a quick glance at me as I slowed down my movements. What does he mean by knowing her?

[...]

"Have a seat" Graves said as he pushed the woman. Even if she's the enemy, that's not how you treat a woman. "Alright. How do you two know each other?" I looked at Alejandro with a blank stare, since the convo I heard between the two, I started having some issues about Ale once again. "Know is a strong word" He said as he circled around the room, avoiding my eyes. Estúpido...

"Las palabras fuertes son importantes. Nuestra palabra nuestro valor, ¿no?" She responded and Alejandro was fuming: "Vete la verga tu puta-" Soap and Rodolfo took a grip on him before he could hit Valeria. I stayed with Ghost, watching this fucking stupid show from behind. 

"cálmese, comandante" Said Rudy. Alejandro was acting like a child, he pushed them away and back off. "Yeah!? Yeah!?" He said and then turned around to look at the woman with short hair. "¡Vamos! Tell them."

"I don't take orders anymore. Even the dogs in Las Almas know not to bark at me" She said full of herself. "She's ex-military. We served together."

Oh...

Oh...

"Different squads, same unit. You were the wilds ones, huh...'los vaqueros' " She said and from Ale's left, I saw the smirk on his face. I clenched my jaw and looked down as my hands were around my chest. "Everything will be fine" I heard Ghost murmuring and I flashed him a quick and small smile.

"My squad was clean-cut, señores y señora" I heard and saw Valeria looking at me with a vicious smirk. "Until the raid on the son of La Araña. ¿Te acuerdas?" 

"Recuerdo perfecto" I scoff as I leaned against the cold metal, just like Ghost. "Her team was told to cordon off the city to keep out La Araña's enforcers and prevent the bloodshed." He explained but I wasn't fully convinced by that. "That's exactly what we did" Valeria responded in a mocking tone.  "Well, you kept out his enforcers, because you were his enforcers, huh?" 

When did all of this happen?

"He was escorted to the mountains without incident. Also to prevent bloodshed" Valeria carried on. "He was supposed to go to prison" 

"So you killed him and took over" Graves said as he touched and pushed her shoulder again. "I created a power vacuum... And I filled it. Las Almas needs me."

"Las Almas needs soldiers, not sicarios...y usted- You disgrace the army. ¿Y tus hermanos, no?" Alejandro spoke and I felt like I couldn't hold it anymore, but Ghost manage to put his hand on my shoulder.  "Why are you doin' this?" Graves asked her.

"You tell me... you're the contractor, no? What you don't do, your competitors will."

"You're a narco, harboring a terrorist" Said Ghost and Alejandro turned to look at him. Our eyes met for a second before he turned right away to Valeria. Puta madre... "Terrorism is good for business. It's insurance."

"What the fuck does that mean?"

" ¿Puedes sacar la cabeza de tu culo por un segundo? Puta madre, Alejandro." Said Valeria, finally losing her patience. I let out a small laugh and I drew their attention. 

"See, even the girl understands better than you. As long as there is a war on terror, there will be no real war on drugs. To find your so called terrorist, and your missiles, you need me. To prevent bloodshed."

"No. I'm not doing this..."

"Doesn't change anything" Says Soap.

"It changes everything! FUCK! Don't make a deal with her. It won't end well" I never saw Alejandro this angry, not even in the worst times ever. We made eye contact before he left. I sigh and went after him.

As I closed the door, I saw Alejandro walking towards the base. "What is your problem, Alejandro?" I shouted at him and he stopped walking. He didn't turn back but he remained standing.

" What? The cat eat your tongue? I asked you something." I quickly walked toward him since he was facing me with his behind, instead of being a man and talking, and I grabbed his vest so that I could see his face, standing face-to-face.

" Don't ignore me. What is your problem, Alejandro?" I asked him again, this time actually wanting a response. "I- I don't know." 

"You don't know, really? Well, let me tell you something since you can't speak. If you can't be a man and treat a woman right, don't come near me ever again." I saw the chance in his eyes, and pain started to show. I was stupid to think that we could be something more.

"Do you have anything to say?" I asked him and all he did was open his mouth, but nothing came out. I nodded as I bit my lower lip and left him in his spot.

"Goodbye, Vargas" I shouted before entering the building.

And I knew that soldiers were men, looks like we got a lost boy among them. If he continues like this, then let the sky fall motherfucker...