Stole glances

After a while, Alejandro stopped the car, thus taking Rodolfo in the same car. Vargas, being a gentleman, refused y/n's offer to go between Ghost and Soap and let her stay in the original place, personally him standing between the two soldiers.

Alejandro tried to convince himself that he did this gesture only out of kindness, not because he would have given her the chance to be stuck between two males, one of them trying to make advances, at first sight, a while ago. He knew that Ghost liked to keep it completely professional, but he had some doubts about Soap. Those blue eyes in which you can easily get lost and that ridiculous smile that could make you melt, not to mention that he had his stupid ways of flirting with girls so that they fell in love from the first word spoken.

Not to mention the fact that y/n was really very pleasant company too, especially when she smiled, she made you feel like you were in heaven, forgetting about everything else. Especially those little gestures she made when she tried to concentrate, tensing her eyebrows slightly and blinking multiple times, or how she bites her lower lip trying to refrain from laughing or smiling in a certain situation, or how her hair was moving lightly on her shoulders while talking or how she was playing with a lock of her hair while she was either bored or it was a gesture by which the man who was talking to her would do whatever she wanted. Fucking hell, he paid attention to all those gestures...

Alejandro was pulled away from his thoughts by Soap when he broke the silence. "White truck, four armed in the back" Soap said as his fingers wrapped around his weapon, ready to act if necessary.

"Hey - tranquilo. Easy -- that's normal here" Vargas explained as his hand gestured to leave the grip loose. "Guns on the street is jurisdiction of the police" He carried on.

"Where are the police?" Ghost asked.

"Las Almas tiene un problema muy serio por si no lo sabías." González spoke all of a sudden. She may have forgotten that neither of the two assistants on the mission spoke Spanish. Ghost had a neutral look but Soap frowned questioningly. The admiral rolled her eyes and before she could say one more time, she was interrupted. "English, baby girl" Soap spoke and made González cringe at the nickname she was given while Alejandro was throwing him once again daggers in his direction.

"There are a few here to uphold the law. And many of those who resist corruption disappear" González said as she looked forward but then she remembered the incident where none other than Rodolfo abandoned her and she never got an answer to that.

"Rodolfo?"

"Yes Ma'am" He answered with an indecisive tone, not sure what was going to follow. He looked at her for a moment and then continued driving. "¿Dónde estabas cuando estaba a un paso de quemarme vivo?" For a split second, y/n could notice how his gaze had changed, from a focused one to one as if he was trying to hide something or just simply, regret...

" También me noqueé en el baño y luego me desperté cerca de Alejandro afuera, lo siento." A part of the admiral believed what he said, but there was a fracture in it that considered that his explanation omitted certain parts, parts that could lead to consequences, but she left it like that because the mission now was much more important than what it was in the past.

"Sorry to interrupt but what about the military?"

"Vargas you tell him because if he calls me one more time any nicknames I will throw him out of the car" The girl said calmly. A small grin appeared on Alejandro's face, even though he would have thrown him out of the car at the first opportunity when he glanced at her, he nodded and shifted his gaze to Soap.

"Well, because we are well trained, soldiers are recruited by the narcos"

"Why not you?"

"We grew up here" Alejandro answered. " They call us Los Vaqueros... Cowboys. We love this place. And we will die fighting for it" Alejandro continued to speak trying to look ahead. Still, his eyes were running to y/n in front of him who was looking in the mirror and applying nude lipstick, and after it, wiping off the excess lipstick with her thumb with a semi-opened mouth.

His thoughts were taking him to other kinds of stuff but they all ended when the two made eye contact, his cheeks taking on a shade of pink while y/n smirked. She's starting to like teasing him.

"Kids, guns and balloons...That's a new one." Soap spoke to Ghost while he just started with a blank expression. "Narcos use generosity to win over the people"

"Even the children?"

"Especially the children" Rodolfo finally spoke after his interrupted conversation with the admiral. "What's on those streets?"

"Narcomantas... Cartel cloths" Vargas carried on.

"Messages fro El Sin Nombre. Warnings, marking territory. Our streets are laced with death"

"Who's Sin Nombre?" Ghost finally spoke.

"El Sin Nombre. The nameless. The leader of the Las Almas cartel" González said while putting her makeup in a compartment. Even if she was on a mission, the girl was still doing her makeup a little and it's always good to show the best version of you. Right?

"Where can we find him?" She laughed and looked back at the boy as he just said one of the funniest jokes in the world. Seeing her smile like that at him made Vargas also grin. She loves to tease people and Ale knows it so damn well.

"You can't. No one knows who he is. But he is everywhere, and that is a challenge" She answered.

"Los Vaqueros likes challenges"

"Is that so?" She asked, moving her gaze to the colonel with her sly smirk. There was a spark in his eyes and the way he just looked at her. There was tension between the two that the whole car could feel it.

"Admiral?" Rodolfo asked and she turned to look at the driver but spotted what he was about to say. "It's the army. Turn right, we'll go around" y/n said and leaned in her seat.

"Why?"

"Some troops are in the pocket of El Sin Nombre. Like hermosa told you, he is everywhere" y/n tried to counter the idea that he made her beautiful, it's strange that he didn't call her anything but her name in the mission almost a year ago, all this habit of giving her nicknames started after visiting her at the hospital or at home in her apartment when she got hurt.

"Cartel is hiding Hassan in the village across the river. Let's hope he is still there" Alejandro said and for the second time, he looked in her direction. He could see her reflection in the mirror, she seemed to be calm with all the chaos around. After a short time, she realized that she was being watched.

"¿Qué pasa, Alejandro?" She asked in a lower voice this time and Alejandro felt some goosebumps traveling down his spine when he heard her talking to him like that.

"Nada" He simply responded and she just nodded slightly.

Mierda, estoy jodida...he thought and he was indeed screwed in this whole situation with González in which none of them seems to care to stop doing what they were doing...

[...]

a/n: I can't believe we hit 1k views on this in such a short amount of time! That's incredible you guys, thank you so much!!! Also, I apologize for not posting early, had to deal with high school's bullshit. Hope you enjoyed this chapter..xoxo,irene