Assemble

𝖴𝗌/𝖬𝖾𝗑𝗂𝖼𝗈 𝖡𝗈𝗋𝖽𝖾𝗋

My flight was quick, in less than two hours I was at the border. A few of Vargas's men were waiting for me near a black SUV car. I was expecting a motorcycle like I was told but the car looks nice.

In a few minutes, the car stopped near several police cars. Among them I saw a tall figure, I could recognize that stupid face from anywhere, Alejandro Vargas...

"Admiral González" Rodolfo greeted me with a handshake.

"Good to see you" I said as I shook his hand.

"Ah!La princesa había llegado" I turned around to face him. "What, no hi to me González?" His dumb smirk. I hate it.

"Let's keep this professional Vargas"

"As you wish, chica" I rolled my eyes and the three of us walked to a boat.

"How are you feelin' Y/N ?" Rodolfo asked me. "Could've been better if I wasn't stuck with Mr. 'I am the best' on the same boat" Alejandro threw me a look but didn't say anything.

"No, I mean about your cuts from your last mission"

Oh...

Alejandro was now looking at me with the same questioning look as Rodolfo. Eleven months ago, in Washington, me and Vargas were after two human traffickers, which happened to have some of our weapon supplements as well. We got them and send the girls to safety but I was severely injured on my shoulder by one of the trafficker's knives which led to an extended scar from my shoulder to a small part of my throat and got shot in my left leg. I lost a lot of blood then and I had to take a break from everything. For three months, Alejandro used to visit me at the hospital and at my house every Sunday to make sure I was doing well.

After those three months, he stopped visiting me, he didn't even call or text me. It was like I didn't exist to him anymore and that broke my heart back then because he was one of the few people that I trusted.

And now he has the dignity to flirt with me or call me all that nicknames. Bastardo...

"They are much better" I said and looked away.

"You've got movements down there, Alejandro" Laswell spoke all of the sudden.

"Migrants are in the water- Border Patrol's responding"

"Narcos use the migrants as a distraction. They could be moving Hassan as we speak"

"Copy. This is González speaking. Where's FBI on this?"

"FBI's an hour out. Right now you three are all we got"

"Stand by" Alejandro spoke.

"Rodolfo-Los migrantes son una distracción. El objetivo está en movimiento"

"Probablemente cruzaron el río en una lancha. Vamos a encontrarlos" He answered.

"Nice one, Rudy"

"We're on it, Watcher" Alejandro said.

"Alejandro, do not let Hassan cross the border" Kate told him.

"Solid copy. Out"

"Si se supera, no tenemos jurisdicción" Rodolfo said

"Espero que no suceda" I answered as I looked forward.

"You easily start to speak Spanish once again, González" I rolled my eyes and turned to face him.

"Don't flatter yourself, Vargas, and focus on the mission"

[...]

"Hassan has more friends here than we do. Stay sharp." Alejandro warned us. We walked into some city of civilians and barged into some angry trailer man that was yelling."Hey! Get the fuck out of my yard!"

"You want a bullet, gringo? Back the fuck off!"

"Hassan se está moviendo hacia aquí, chicos. Vamos!" I said as I was on Vargas's right.

We entered a house as we passed that yard. "Open it. We'll cover it" Vargas said. I prepared my gun in case that someone was behind the door and waited. Yelling was heard from inside the house.

"Get on the door" I commanded them. "We don't belong here" I said unsure about the situation, a gut feeling stroking me.

"Everything will be ok, Y/N" Rodolfo assured me. Alejandro nodded and opened the door. "Special forces" He yelled. Rodolfo stopped in the middle of the hallway to look at the family pictures while Vargas said that we could move forward. As I tried to unlock the next door, from my behind, I felt something hard hitting my back which made me lose my balance.

"Mierda-" I said, gripping my gun tight. This bitch fucking hit me with a baseball bat.

"González!" Alejandro shouted, coming to me. "Cariño, ¿estás bien?" He asked while his hands were on my back and my arm. I nodded and he moved in front of me as his hand was still on my arm, keeping me away from the citizen.

"Drop your weapon" Rodolfo demanded the man.

Scared, he let it drop to the ground but before we could walk outside, I straightened my back and throw a punch into his face, making him bleed. As we exit, I inhale the cold air and stopped for a second, it will leave a mark for sure. Puta Madre...

"Laswell, we're at the corner of Flores and Barajas.Target is moving west to a stash house" I say, trying to catch my breath.

"You're out of breath, Y/N"

"I know Kate, I got hit with a bat on my back" I heard her chuckle which made me smile. It's good to hear her have a good time in serious situations.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Vargas came from behind me. I look up, making eye contact and I nodded. He smiled and placed his hand on my arm.

"Don't worry, this will be over soon, cariño" And for the first time after months, I smiled at Alejandro Vargas, and he was smiling at me...

[...]

a/n : don't worry, more scenes with them getting closer are coming!!!!