Amsterdam

"What the hell's Amsterdam got to do with this?" Shepherd asked confused. "It's a smuggling hub" Station Chef Laswell said as she looked at the map."Ports and canals are insecure. Iran has friends there...We do too"

"Who?"

" The captain" Laswell answered as she typed, soon after data appeared on the screen. "He's tracking an AQ cell country as we speak"

"Well, that's the first good news I've heard all day" Shepherd said as Laswell closed her laptop, an idea popping up in her mind.

"I'll link up with him and bring admiral González as well and handle this with her, sir"

"Kate Laswell back in the field and the admiral as well...?"

"I want this done right, and with her, things will go clean, no mistakes"

"My sentiments exactly...Kate, I want Hassan boxed up and gift-wrapped. Until then, you keep this tight." Sheperd's last words before Laswell left.

[...]

𝖦𝗈𝗇𝗓á𝗅𝖾𝗓' 𝗌 𝖯𝖮𝖵

I was at a cafe in the city center when I suddenly received a call. "Shit" I said as I saw her name, Kate Laswell ...we haven't spoken since the last mission about eleven months ago where she send me on a mission with Vargas and some of his men in Washington. Unsure, I picked up the call and waited for her proposal. "Hello Ms. Laswell"

"Admiral González, long time no see"

"Indeed"

"I need your help" She said in a serious tone. I sighed slowly, putting the coffee aside. "Tell me about it"

"New mission...Amsterdam"

"Target?"

"Two men, one cartel, another Iranian, Captain Price will tell us more"

"When" This will be easier than I thought. "Tomorrow, I'll send you a helicopter"

"Yes, Ma'am"

[...]

Tomorrow morning I was back on the field, as well as Kate. Amsterdam was a nice place but full of bad people. I was walking on a narrow street with Sergeant Gaz, Price, and Laswell."They're paying cartel for something..."

"Let's figure out what." She continued. "Security?" I asked as I walked forward. "Several" Price answered. "I'll deal with them"

"You're taking all the fun with you, Gaz, not fair" Gaz flashed me a smirk before Kate give us syringes."Poison?" He asked.

"Non-lethal. It'll take 'em out of commission"

"CIA shit..."

"Welcome to our world" I said and looked at him."You three use the needle on the guards and we roll up our cartel friend"

"And you Kate?"

"Exfil. Say when" Her last words before she left us.

We took them easily down and dragged one into the car that Kate was driving."Nice work you three"

"You too" Price said as he and Gaz were on the back."We need to find where they're moving Hassan and intercept him"

"Wait so this isn't over?" I asked confused. "Darling, this is just the beginning" Laswell said as I clenched my jaw. She didn't mention anything to me that it'll take more than one day. Fucking hell...

[...]

Kate brought me back into her office. It was the same as I remembered. "Colonel Vargas" I heard all of the sudden from the other side of the room, which catches my attention. I haven't heard that name for a long time. "Station Chef Laswell. I thought we were on a first name basis...This might be serious"

"It is. I need your help, Alejandro."

"Tell me" His voice changed, it's way deeper than I recall. "The Las Almas cartel is smuggling an Iranian terrorist over the border" Laswell said.

"Laswell, terrorists don't cross the southern border"

"We know, they know so that's why they're gonna do it, Vargas" I answered.

"Admiral González, didn't expect you to be here, I thought you were taking a break after our mission to heal"

"I did, now I'm here to do my job"

"I need you to stop them" Kate said, interrupting us.

"Who's my target?"

"Major Hassan Zyani"

"Copy. When?"

"Tonight, I'll send the admiral as soon as possible"

"See you soon Vargas" I responded.

"Can't wait, cariño" The call ended and I felt my cheeks getting warm. Fuck...