Battle (2/2) // 16

Luna's point of view

I watched as the body of some one I cared about fell down right in front of my eyes.

"Storm!" I screamed as he laid in front of me injured. I leaned down and turned him over to see that he was bleeding furiously. Tears started streaming down my face as I looked at his wound.

"Hey....Flame brain....stop crying....already." Storm whispered as he grabbed his wound and tried to get up.

"Storm your alive!" I screamed as I hugged him and he responded with a yelp of pain. I quickly released him and looked at him with fear and hope in my eyes.

"I guess I underestimated you flies, but this time I'll make sure I don't miss." Walters said his hand being in engulfed in green light. I was frozen I couldn't move and I watched as storm placed his body in front of me.

"Hit me with your best shot, but I wont let you hurt her." Storm said and for some reason he looked different than the storm I knew. He seemed older and more mature than the storm I saw yesterday. Walters shot the green of light at us but someone stepped in front storm. The man seemed old in his 40's maybe and smelled of alcohol.

"Old man what are you doing?" Storm screamed in panic.

"I lived my life but yours just started. Live on for your family and friends." Storm started shaking and it started to rain as the man in front of storm was consumed by the green light and was then lying on the ground terribly injured. I watched as storm got up and walked over to him and sat down next to him. I stood up and watched as he cried over the mans body.

"Hey kid do one thing for me before I die." The man said to storm. Being his last wish Storm shook his head yes in response.

"Don't you ever lose that girl again. I regretted leaving Lisa alone and when I found out she was dead I died also that day. So don't be sad because I'm dead be happy beacuase you get more time to be with the people you....love." The man said right before he lost consciousness and died.

"Stupid why would you do that?" Storm said tears rolling down his face. He then started to pull at his hair in frustration I've never seen him like this before. Storm was usually so cool but this side of him was the complete opposite. Storm then began to hit himself in the head and kept calling himself useless and that's when it hit me I saw this storm one other time in my life when we found a dead bird in the forest.

Flashback

It was a normal sunny day when me and storm found that dead bird. We were playing a game of tag in the forest. Storm was it first then he tagged me I waited 10 seconds then I chased after him. That's when it started to rain I had no idea it was storm's doing at the time.

"Storm!" I screamed over and over again unable to find him. When I started to hear something someone screaming useless over and over again. That's when I found him kneeling in the middle of no where bawling his eyes out. All I could do was say his name trying to get is attention. I believe he heard me since his shoulders stiffened and he sniffled as he wiped his tears away.

"Luna go back to the guild." He said so calm and serious.

"No, storm just tell me what's wrong?" I said reaching for his shoulder, but he slaps it away.

"Just leave me alone!" He screamed and I quickly ran away giving him his wish. I sprinted all the way back home and I all I can remember was crying myself to sleep scared for my friend. The next day at the guild I didn't talk to storm or even asked what made him so upset but for a while he didn't smile like he use to.

End of flash back

I stared at him now feeling the same feeling I did years ago, and I'm not going to let him go back to what he was before.

Storm's Point of view

My tears rolled down my cheeks as I stared at the old man that laid before me. I felt so useless and a burden I wished to switch places with him.
" I don't deserve to live..." I whispered. I then felt a pair of arms wrap around of me.
"Don't you ever say that again.." Luna cried in anger and shame. Her arms tightened as she started to speak again.
"Your not useless. You saved my life more than once and so many others. AND YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULD NEVER DIE SO DONT YOU EVER WISH TO BE DEAD NO MATTER WHAT!" Luna screamed. My throat started to hurt from the holding back of sobs I wanted to release.
"It's okay to not be cool all the time; so please share the other side of you I've never seen." My tears started to fall and the rain faded away removing the storm clouds that once ruled my heart. I looked up to the sky a smile appeared on my face as I regained my cool.
"Thank you Luna." Then our moment was ruined by the laughter of Walters.
"You foolish weaklings have you forgotten I'm still here!" He screamed as a huge green light appeared in his hands and an evil grin was plastered on his face. I tightened my grip on Luna's arm when she got up shocking me. I watched as she stepped in front of me. Fear and adrenaline started running through my veins. I can't lose her too I thought as I stared at her back.
"Luna what the hell are you doing?! Are you trying to get yourself killed!?"
"I'm protecting someone I love. So shut up and watch as I kick this guys ass." A flame appearing in her hand as blush appeared across my face. Before I knew it he threw it and I watched in horror as the green light came closer and closer to Luna.
"LUNA!" I screamed.
"Dragon slayer secret art- Phoenix blade exploding edge." Luna screamed completely destroying the green light. She lept off her feet towards the guy.
"Dragon slayer Iron fist." She screamed as she hit that guy in the face sending him flying back. Before Walters could get up Luna screamed.
"Dragonslayer roar." Engulfing him in flames knocking him out cold.
"Damn you." He said right before he fell to the ground. The once green necklace broke breaking all the spells it cast over the years. Luna turned around smiling like an idiot.
"Good job flame brain." I said right before my vision became blurry and I passed out from all the pain. The last thing I heard was Luna screaming.
"Storm!" As I gave in to the pain that overcame me.