Siege of the North Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"She's right" I agreed, when a voice chilled me,

"Well, aren't you a big girl now?" he taunted Katara as I turned to face him blades of ice raised high above me.

"Don't move, Zuko" I stated threateningly.

Zuko's face softened slightly,

"Lyra, don't do this" he begged me, "Come with me" he begged.

My fingers curled making the ice denser in my control and the tips sharper,

"Zuko, please" I returned as Katara struck.

She sent a sharp blade of water at him but he just deflected it with a blast of fire, he continued to strike forward with blades and blasts of fire but I returned to my guard over Aang .

I covered Aang in a dome of ice and sent the shard of ice at Zuko.

He deflected them minus two which had him pinned to the ice behind him,

"I see you two have new tricks, but I didn't come this far to lose" Zuko stated as Katara quickly encapsulated him in ice.

"You will lose, Zuko. And so will the fire nation" I stated as I thickened the ice further.

"You little peasant, you found a master, haven't you?" he stated as he broke the ice.

He managed to pass Katara and break my dome of ice to reach the collar of Aang's shirt but I knocked him out and away. I caught his body in a huge thing of ice and pinned him to the mountain of ice beside us. It was then as I felt the warm sunlight pass us as we returned to protect Aang that Zuko awakened.

He exhaled heat from his nose as the ice hissed and melted,

Katara had her back turned as he sent a wave of fire at her, she failed to deflect it completely as he sent her into the wooden pole, knocking her out.

"Katara!" I yelled and turned to face Zuko who sent an equally hot wave of fire at me.

He sent blast after blast causing me to fall back and lose my footing.

He sent one last wave of fire and I jumped back to dodge it. He seemed apologetic as it sent me back with the explosion of fire on the ground into the wall of ice.

I felt the blood trickle down my forehead as my senses came to a halt and I passed out..

It seemed like it had only been a single moment as regained consciousness again and my hearing returned.

I gave no clue to being awake as I heard Aang's voice,

"Why did you take her too? Why not just me?!" Aang demanded,

I noticed the rough twine ropes at my wrist and bit my tongue at a better moment to catch Zuko off guard,

"Because, I care about her, Avatar. She'll love it in the fire nation, anything she could ever want or need" Zuko stated calmly.

"Yeah, except her family" Aang stated coldly in response,

"She'll have me, she doesn't need you or that group" Zuko responded as he brushed a hair from my face,

I lifted my head at this and the rope snapped from the sharp shard of ice I bended ,

"I do need them, Zuko" I hissed, and I will never choose you over them!" I yelled lifting my palm up sending spikes of ice under his feet making Zuko step back quickly,

"You're awake already?" he gasped as I scowled,

"Sorry, I slept in" I apologized to Aang,

"How much did you hear?" Zuko exclaimed,