An execution

The world around Jon was hazy, and everything hurt. He could hear voices screaming and talking around him. Under him. His wrists and ankles were killing him and it felt like he was being grilled over a fire pit. What was going on? He couldn't think straight.

"...you....save him....you know how......remember..." a voice faded in and out. He couldn't make out more than a couple of words. The ruckus beneath him became louder and messier. He was starting to sweat and he felt like he might be torn apart by his shoulders and hips. He soon couldn't take much more.

"If you won't......... then I'll have to force......." Jon heard the broken sentence and a second later he felt himself fall.

"JON!" He heard someone call for him before he landed in some kind of water, but it wasn't water because it burned. Stung and burned his skin and he let out an inaudible scream, only filling his lungs with the poisonous green liquid that surrounded him. The world above was muffled and the only thing that was clear was the pain and then the sound of the surface being broken as something dove into the liquid.

A moment lather he felt a hand grab onto his arm and pull him towards what he thought was the surface. He burst through the water and was pulled up on the edge, lying down against the cold tile floor. He slowly opened his eyes seeing a blurry figure next to him, he blinked and tried to focus his eyes.

"..on..Jon , can you hear me?" He knew that voice.

"Ian?" He croaked out as his vision cleared up a little, seeing his partner's face. But it was different, his eyes, that smile.

"Almost, you forgot the first half of my name." Jon's eyes widened as he was met with the bratty grin he had forgotten how much he loved.

"Damian?" Jon whispered and Damian smiled wider.

"Hi Hayseed."

"Finally, there you are, my warrior." Damian's face shifted into a frown instantly when he heard the sickeningly sweet velvet voice and he stood up and turned.

"Back off Talia." He growled and Jon slowly sat up as his head spun.

"I knew you were in there somewhere, and now that you are back we can resume your training." Damian reached his hand back to Jon and helped him up, all without releasing his mother with his glare. Jon also noticed that the room was filling up with shadows.

"In your dreams, we are leaving. Tell your shadows to back off or there will be blood spilled tonight." Talias eyes darkened.

"Do you think that matters to me, Beloved?" And with those words Damian sprinted into action. Grabbing a sword from an assassin and starting to fight. Jon, who was now on his feet, did his best to fight off the assassins who started attacking him, but without his powers he was at a large disadvantage.

More shadows were moving into the room and as Damian looked to Jon and realized they were losing. Talias sword collides with his own.

"You disappoint me Ibn." Talia growled and Damian gave a bratty smile.

"The feeling is mutual." Damian pushed Talia back and fought his way over to Jon. Knocking down an assassin that had Jon in a choke hold.

"Thanks." Jon said as he gulped down air.

"Don't mention it. But we need to get out of here." Damian looked around the room until his eyes landed on a window. "Jon, can you fly?" Damian asked, gaining the attention of the fighting super.

"I think I'm still too weak." Jon answered quickly.

"How long do you need to recover?" He asked in a low voice.