NK is somewhat convinced. He started thinking.

"Mmm..."

Akash was looking at him restlessly.

"Ok... I have an idea but you should not be late" NK said.

"Promise... I will come back soon" Akash said excitedly.

"Ok... you can go by ambulance. The ambulance driver is my man. He will take you without anyone's knowledge"

Akash's face lit. He hugged NK happily.

"Thank you so much, NK"

"But be careful. The matter must be serious as Nannav himself gathered us and warned"

"Yeah... I know"

As per their plan, Akash went to meet Payal at the same LONLY place where they meet regularly.

........

After a while, Arnav came to Akash's room to discuss something with him. He frowned not finding him there. He called his number and he didn't attend it as he put it in silent mode. He came to NK's room, searching for him. NK got alert, seeing him.

"Where is Akash? I thought he would be with you..."

"Akash? He should be in his room"

"He is not there and he is not attending my call," Arnav said.

"Oh... let me look for him" NK came out, pretending like, he was searching for Akash.

He dialed Akash's number but he didn't attend the call. NK sighed wearily.

"Pick up my call, Akash..." NK turned around only to find Arnav with a sharp gaze.

"Where is Akash?" Arnav asked furiously.

"Nannav... he just"

"Tell me Damn it..." he shouted, making all the guards guarding the corridor look at them.

"He... he went to meet his girlfriend" NK finally spat the truth.

"Girlfriend?" Arnav asked unbelievably as he didn't know Akash had a girlfriend.

"He is in a relationship with a girl for the last one and half years," NK said looking down.

"One and half years?" Arnav could not believe it.

"Guards...." Arnav started walking, shouting for his men and his men followed him with guns, including NK.

They got into the cars. NK took place next to Arnav.

"Where did he go?" Arnav asked.

"It's a place near the harbor," NK said.

Arnav geared the car up and all the other cars followed his car.

"Nananv, at first, he didn't confess his love because you don't like it but he could not hold himself because she is a nice girl," NK said.

"A knife is hanging over our heads... we don't know when will it take our lives... the first rule we should follow is, stay away from women"

"But, she is not such kind Nannav. She has a good family background. Akash loves her sincerely. That's why he wanted to meet her"

Arnav's concentration was only on the road.

"Nannav..."

"I told you, this situation is not in our favor"

"Today is her Birthday... that's why he went"

Arnav rolled his eyes gritting his teeth. He increased the speed of the car towards the harbor whereas NK looked out of the window nervously.

NK jerked as someone tapped his shoulder. He opened his eyes and saw himself in his room and Khushi was standing in front of him. that was when he sensed that he was in the old thought of Akash.

He smiled at Khushi.

"I hope I don't disturb your sleep," Khushi asked.

"I'm not sleeping"

"But you didn't sense my coming"

"I was in some memories"

"What memory?" she asked curiously, sitting in front of him.

"Nothing"

"won't you tell me?"

NK looked at her silently.

"If you are not comfortable..."

Cutting her,

"Nothing is like that"

"Then tell me"

"I was thinking about Akash"

"oh... were you guys so close?"

NK nodded yes.

"We are friends more than cousins."

"Oh... about what you were thinking? Was that about any sweet moment?"

NK smiled.

"What's the meaning of the smile? Is that about a girl?"

NK's smile broadened.

"So, it is..."

"Yes... Akash has a girlfriend"

"HAS? Really?"

"Yeah..."

"Is he still in love?"

"Yes... his love is so deep and true. He was, is, and will be in love with her"

Khushi gulped down. Her sister would have loved Akash instead of his heartless brother. Payal would have been safe then but she was not lucky enough to get such a nice guy like Akash.

"You said he is taking treatment in the US?"

"Yeah... he is..."

"Then, what about the girl?"

"I'm sorry, Khushi. I can't tell anything about her"

"But why?"

"For some security reasons. Not only that, it's about her future. I had repugnant Nannav one time and till now, I'm repenting for it. I don't want to do it again. Hope you understand" NK said.

Khushi became thoughtful. For what he repugnant Arnav and for what he was repenting till now?

"That's ok... I won't force you if you don't like to share with me... but, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend and me? No..." he smiled.

"What about ASR? Doesn't he have a girlfriend?"

"Whom you are asking about? Nannav? At least, I tried at my college time but he didn't..."

Khushi frowned. Didn't NK know about his affair with Payal? Was he that cunning?

"Why didn't he try?"

"His goals were different, Khushi. He didn't want to get diverted. That's why he never thought about anything"

ANYTHING? REALLY? She sighed.

"What goal?" she asked not showing her annoyance.

"Khushi you are embarrassing me by asking very confidential questions. We never talk about ASR to anyone. And no one questioned him ever. He wanted to protect you from evil. We are doing that. until you are here, you are our guest. We don't want you to get disappointment in anything. It's ASR's order. That's why he is tolerating your tantrums. Just think one thing, why does he want to protect you? Can't he just mind his business?"

Khushi was silent. She didn't know what to say. NK was not wrong. apart from Payal's issue, what she saw in that place was completely opposite to what she heard about ASR.

"Why does he protect me?" she asked.

"We knew the value of LIVES. We want to save the GOOD people. That's why"

Khushi gulped hard. Did they want to protect good people? Khushi knew a little human phycology. She didn't feel that NK was lying. That confused her.

To be continued...