◼️ [4]

Roseanne Pov

Time was running soon, my sister wasn't yet aware of my marriage and my parents kept it a secret from her because they knew she would be angry. My dad asked me to get ready because we were going to meet the Mafia again. 

"ROSEANNE, OUT NOW WE ARE RUNNING LATE" he screamed at my bedroom door. This was almost the 2nd time we were going to their house. 

I went outside my room and saw my dad all ready to leave, as soon as he saw me he asked me to get inside the car. He kissed my mother and got inside too. The car ride was mostly silent until he decided to break it "Roseanne, you need to try talking to y/n, he's your husband"

"Dad, he isn't my husband yet, there are 2 days left besides I don't have his contact and whenever we visit his house he's never found," I said in a done tone. I was tired of my dad continuously calling him my husband and telling me to be a good wife. 

When we reached their mansion and as usual a guard with a gun in his hand opened the door for me. I started walking behind my father, it was annoying how the notice of my heels was triggering my anxiety. What if y/n would be there today? What if I finally talk to him? What if he turns out to be a bad mafia? or what if I don't like him? 

"Ahh, Mason what timing, let's have some tea together," Mr.Kim said with a smile. Then he looked at me and asked "Darling would you?" with his usual warm smile, I wondered how would y/n's smile be. 

"No, I'm fine" I returned the smile. "Then, would you like to have a tour of your soon-to-be house?" I nodded because that was the only best option I could see rather than seeing my father and Mr.Kim talking about killing people, money, and properties. 

Mr.Kim called a lady caretaker of his house and asked her to show me around. Her name was Ms. Won, she was sweet and kind. At first, we saw the backyard, It was huge like an open field, so huge that I couldn't even see where it ended. Next was the office areas. 

"Ms.Won, doesn't y/n or Mr.Kim kill people and store them in this house?" I asked out of curiosity, She left a soft giggle "They do kill people but they have a base for it, and I haven't seen y/n do it" 

"Y/n hasn't killed anyone?" I asked, "No he has, just that I haven't seen him do that, he must be like his father, or even worse," She said as if she didn't know him. "Why are you talking as if you don't know him," I asked "Y/n is mostly abroad so I never spent more time with him when he was here he use to out, and he's mostly quiet, did his work by himself never actually needed me" Then she opened a door and paused at the door frame and motions me to go inside. 

"His bedroom" 

I looked inside and slowly walked him, I had these weird scenarios in my head of him walking out of a bathroom or somewhere and popping right in front of me. That would be so scary, who wants to see his soon-to-be wife walking inside his bedroom 2 days before marriage?

Maybe he wasn't there, but his room was properly maintained, with folded blankets perfectly placed pillows, and a bookshelf with books loaded and marked which gave me an idea that he must like reading, there was a chair and a lamp beside the window. A study table with a well-organized pen stand, papers, and other things. 

I was about to walk inside his closet but my dad called me as we were supposed to leave. 

Before leaving Mr.Kim kissed the back of my hand gently and said "We're too glad to have you as a daughter-in-law of this house" And we finally bid our goodbyes. 

Now the countdown started 2 more days until I finally get married.