"I'm sorry, I was just trying to lighten you up-"

"Luna is the one lying in bed - practically dead - and it's me you're trying to lighten up?!"

"...I think it's best if we take our leave now,"

"You need to calm down..."

There was no response but I could hear shoes scuffling on the floor.

Now I'm intrigued, where am I? Pay no mind to it, you don't need to concern yourself.

Who are the people that are always speakin-?

Sleep.

*****

"How has she been?" Another one?

"She's...alive." Am I really? You are but you don't want to be, do you?

"Is she gonna be okay when she wakes up?" I don't want to wake up. That's right, sleep forever.

"Shh, Patti, let them speak." Patti? Why does that word...no name - it's a name - sound so familiar? It's not familiar, nothing is familiar.

"What happened to the snake?" Snake...snake...S-S-S...Sora? My snake, Sora. The snake that helped you into this state. This peaceful, empty state.

"...Honestly, I want to either kill it or throw it out, but...Luna doesn't want anything bad to happen to it - she's become attached." Is that a bad thing? Sora relieved you of the pain.

"Why would she want that?" Why do they sound surprised? Sora, relieved you of your troubles.

A sigh. "I wish I could tell you..." I felt something warm touch my hand. Nothing touched you. My hand? You feel nothing. "But I don't think she'll forgive me if I did."

"What does that mean? I'm her cousin, I deserve to know-" I have a cousin? Wait...I do know his name is...it's...why can't I remember his name? You don't need to. He's just a kid, he shouldn't be going through this. Everyone you knew brought you troubles, just relax. Kid, his name is Kid. He never knew you existed until you showed up, if you stayed then he still wouldn't know who you are.

"If you don't already know anything about her then you have no right even call yourself her family." He hissed. 

Something hit the floor. "It's not my fault that I don't know anything about her, my father and hers lost contact with each other years ago!"

"Because they're dead! If your father really cared for her, he would have at least visited to check on her! But did he come even once?"

Silence.

"Well, did he?"

"...No-"

"No. He never came once. It was just me and Luna, alone, for the past 7 years of our life. Not me, Luna, and Lord Death - just me, and Luna."

"He can't leave Death City, he can't even leave his room! You know that!"

"There's something called a telephone!"

"...Still, my father never even told me I had a cousin!"

"That's you're own problem! Just don't come into our home and act as if you have the right to know everything about her. The getting to know you part of family introductions has passed. She's even been here for 2 months and you still know nothing about her...what does that tell you?" Why is he being mean? They're just being considerate. They just came to see if your body has started rotting, they don't care - no one does.