Chapter 12

Chapter12

"Buuuuuuu~" My eyes turned into slits as I looked at the snake in the glass box.

"Luna, stop bending over!" Silver hastily came behind me and straightened my back.

"Why?" I said, still staring at the sneaky, blue snake.

He turned me around but I turned my head so I could continue staring. "Because your wound will open up again - and can you please look at me when I'm looking at you?"

I turned back to the glass box and kept eye contact with the snake. "I think he ate my cookie!" I hissed harshly at the snake. Sora just hissed back at me.

"If you don't like the damn snake then throw it out."

I put my body protectively over the glass case. "No! Don't touch my Sora!" I whined, pouting as I looked at the snake who now barred his sharp fangs at Silver.

"It belongs to a witch, why do you want to keep it!" He pointed his finger in Sora's direction.

"Sora is a he!" I yelled.

"How could you possibly know!?" He yelled back.

I froze, shell-shocked. "...'Cause he is?" I guessed.

"Luna!" He groaned.

"Well, sorry, I've never had a pet snake before!" I stomped over to the special cabinet we had built into the kitchen and took out a dead rat, holding it by its tail. I went back to the glass box, opened the lid and threw the rat in, happy to not touch that rotting creature anymore. Sora happily feasted on it, taking the whole rat in his mouth. "Eat up, Sora, so you can get big and strong!" I cooed.

"I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what we want." Silver said.

"Shush, he's my snake; I can do whatever I want with him." Giving Silver a wave of my hand I turned my head away stubbornly.

He shook his head and sighed. "Why Lord Death let you keep that thing in the first place, I'll never know." He mumbled.

I turned to him and gave him my most innocent smile. "Because I'm his fwavouwite niece." I said in a baby voice, swaying side to side.

He gave me a deadpanned look. "You're his only niece." He pointed out.

I clicked my fingers and winked at him. "Exactly."

*****

"I can't believe you're safe! I was so worried but father wouldn't let me come and see you and I was scared that you would be asymmetrical - I mean, permanently damaged after that battle!" Kid cried in front of me.

I punched him on the head. "YOU WERE ONLY WORRIED IF I HAD BECOME ASYMMETRICAL!? I COULD HAVE DIED, YOU IDIOT!" I screamed in his face.

He laughed nervously and held his hands in front of him. "Now, now, Luna, calm down; I was joking is all, just joking!" He said as if he was trying to calm a wild beast.

"Calm down!? How can I calm down when my-" I was cut off when my head started throbbing and I could hear a ringing noise. "Ow!" I moaned. "What just happened?" I asked Kid who was looking furiously at something behind me.

"Why did you do that to her!" He shouted.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Kid, who are you talking to?" I said cautiously.

"That girl who just hit you on the head with a giant hammer!" He said, pointing behind me.

I turned around and saw a girl with a giant black hammer resting on her shoulder. She had short blonde hair which ended at her chin and big violet eyes. Her tiny mouth was set in a scowl which ruined the innocent image her pixie-like face set. She was quite petite but stood her ground with great confidence.