Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It's now 11:55pm and there's been no sighting of the guy. I've been wandering around Death City for almost an hour, with Silver hiding in the shadows, and so far there's been nothing. I sighed then sat on the stone steps in front of someone's house.

"What's the name of the guy again?" Silver plonked down next to me with his arm resting on his bent knee.

"Kly Brues." He answered. I banged my head on the door behind me with boredom.

"When is he going to come out?" I groaned, banging my head with each syllable. The sound of a grand bell resounded throughout the city, letting everyone know that it was midnight.

"We better get going. We'll try again tomorrow." Silver said, standing up and stretching.

"No." I said sternly, standing up in a flash.

"Luna, come on, we can do this another time."

"No, I want to do it now!" I shouted. He studied my face for a bit and saw just how serious I was about this.

"You really want to, don't you?" He whispered. I nodded my head and listened as the wind blew. He sighed and popped his shoulders. "Okay then, let's carry on." He started walking down the street, staying close to the shadows so he wouldn't be spotted, and I followed.

"Kly!" I called out. "Come out; come out, wherever you are!"

I turned into a dark alleyway and leaned on the wall.

"Preeeetty~" I heard a raspy voice say near the entrance of the alleyway. I looked and saw the deformed shape of a person. He had huge bumps all over his hands, face, arms-anywhere visible basically. He had an extremely big tummy, his legs were really long but stick thin.

"Are you Kly Brues?" I ask him.

"Preeeetty~" He repeats in that same raspy voice. He looks me over and licks his lips. He grins and starts laughing evilly. "You're a pretty one aren't you?"

Yep, I thought, that's him.

"Why are you killing innocent girls." I demanded.

"Enough talking girly!" He said in a maniacal way. He fished out a long sword, probably a machete, and ran at me, waving it around like a mad man while laughing. I jump up and grab the fire escape ladder that was above me. He jumps up and just misses my feet with the sword. I swung back and forth then swung all the way back so that my feet could grab onto a step of the ladder.

"Nice knickers." Kly snickered. I gasped and put both my hands on my skirt to stop it from flying up; My feet were able to stay put so I didn't fall. "Get back here!" He shouted. He jumped on a trash can and jumped up towards me, aiming the machete for my legs. I flipped myself up the right way and jumped down the fire escape, just missing the slice of his machete. When he was falling down he was flailing about so I don't think that he was prepared. I did a kick to his back once he was close enough and watched as he flew to the other end of the alley.

"You done playing around, Luna? I'm getting kinda bored here." Silver said from the shadows.

I looked over at Kly to see that he was struggling to get up and I grimaced. "Yeah, I'm tired and bored and I just want to get this over with." I said.

"Finally." He said. He stepped out of the shadows and came next to me. His body started to glow white all over.

"Kly Brues." I announced. "Your soul has become that of a Keishen egg and as a meister I cannot allow that. You die today." Silver's arm changed into a long chain and I gripped onto it as his entire body continued to change into a long chain whip. I charged at Kly just as he was getting up and I brought the whip towards him. The sharp end of the whip connected with his arm and it fell off as he screamed in pain.