Chapter 20

Because I am a lousy excuse of a writer I've made this extremely long as I can and have basically made this 2 chapters into one, if you are not a favourite of long chapters, sorry but short chapters every now and then just doesn't satisfy me :) Here you go my devoted fans

Chapter 20

"Where're you off to?" Silver asked as he made breakfast.

I had come back from my few weeks of training out in the desert and was relieved to find nothing much different. Except for Silver, seeing as how his hair is longer, he's gotten taller, and his muscles seem to have gotten slightly bigger than when I last saw them too. Seems like I'm not the only one who did some training.

Things were not awkward as I'd thought they'd be when I returned. It just seemed like we went on pause and when I came home, it restarted again. I like how he didn't ask questions such as 'why' or 'who', I like how he trusted me to tell him in my own time.

And I will tell him.

I was hopping up and down, trying to get my shoe on my foot. "Going out with the girls. Need to find clothes for the party next week." I quickly explained.

"Right," He said in a non-convinced tone. "Or is it just you who needs to get clothes?" His head popped out from the kitchen doorway, his eyebrow quirked upwards.

I cursed under my breath, disappointed that he had me figured out so well. My shoulders sagged in defeat as I let out a meek "Maybe."

He smiled slightly as he shook his head in mock disappointment. "Have fun." He said with a small wave before disappearing back into the kitchen. I was about to leave when a quick idea popped into my head. I ran into the kitchen and quickly pecked Silver on the cheek before running back out, not needing to look back to know that his face was probably as red as a sun burn. With a quick "Bye!" I closed the door behind me.

Grinning on my way to Maka's house, where we all agreed to meet up, I couldn't be in a better mood today.

*****

Holding up a long purple dress, I turned to the girls with a small grimace. "This one?" Liz, Patty, Tsubaki and Maka all shook their heads with a frown. I dropped down on my knees. "No...more...please..." I said wearily, completely losing all hope in finding a dress after these 6 hours we've been searching. I could feel my spirit starting to leave my body.

Ah...mother? Is that you in that light? It looks so pretty up there, let me join you~

"Luna, snap out of it!" Liz was holding onto my shoulders, shaking me back and forth.

I shook my head. "Huh? What? What's happened, did we find a dress?" I asked, my mind completely blank for a moment.

"We're going to have a look at another shop, come on." She pulled me up by my arms but my legs stayed weak.

With tears running down my face, I sniffed. "Please..." I whined, on the verge of full out crying. "I'll go in a dress made out of paper that Patty made, just please let me go home!" I heard Patty hiss an excited "Yes!" from behind me.

"No way, we're finding you that perfect dress today!" She said with such determination before proceeding to drag me out of the shop, everyone else following behind.

"Come on, Luna, we'll find you a dress eventually." Maka said with an uneasy smile on her face, clearly she feels like wanting to go home too but no one should argue with Liz when it comes to fashion.

"You can do it!" Tsubaki said with two thumbs up, that same old happy smile still on her face. I hated it right now.

I silently prayed that my life would end in this instant just so this torture would be over with.