Bonus Chapter 13.4: Rising Guilt

Start from the beginning

He didn't even look away when her embarrassed gaze looked around the room. He knew it was because they had company but he couldn't find it in him to care about that. Lexi was the only one that he could see and he reveled in her sight in peaceful silence.

Well, until a voice spoke up.

"No, go ahead, carry on. You've already broken my heart; what more could you do?" Avalon whispered, her voice trembling and Aaron turned to her looking at the wall, her eyes filled to the brim with tears that slowly began to streak down her face. It made him remember her presence and, suddenly, he felt tired. He felt too tired to deal with something that he no longer held any attachment to.

He let out a sigh, knowing he had to close that chapter off as he moved closer to her.

"Avalon, whatever happened between us; what you did, I forgive you for it. I really do. We don't need to cling on to whatever happened between us. At the time, what we had, was good. But, now, we need to move on. You need to move on." He was gentle with his words, meaning them truly. Sure, with all she had done to him, he should have held resentment for her, but even resentment was a feeling and Aaron knew he no longer held any feeling for her whatsoever. Even hating someone means they mean something to you and he could feel nothing but indifference.

So, in in indifference, he wished for the matter to finish quickly, but he knew it wouldn't be so with her. As he searched her eyes for understanding, he could tell she held no semblance of moving on as she sneered, raising a finger to point at Lexi.

"I know, you'll regret it, choosing her over me. But, when you come to that realisation, I won't be your shoulder to cry on. Don't think of coming to me, I won't be there." She replied, a warning in her tone that was almost comical. It was clear: he had been dating a lunatic.

Danny scoffing brought him out of his thoughts.
"Oh, I think he'll live, but thanks for the advice, Dr. Phil." He taunted, the sarcasm heavy in his tone and Aaron fought back a laugh at his best friend's words. Even Justin cracked a slight smile, finding Danny's words amusing.

Avalon glared pointedly at Danny at hus words, but said nothing in response and it made him feel relieved. Had she given up finally? However, his hope was dashed when she turned her gaze back to him, a bitter smile on her face.
"I thought you'd wait for me, you know? Whilst I was in Scotland, you were on my mind 24/7. Just you. I thought it'd be the same for the both of us, but- turns out- it wasn't. That's okay though. I guess, life goes on. You can't control these things. But, I'll never love anyone as much I love you, Aaron. That is the truth." She sobbed yet again and he had no will to argue against her words or talk about her infidelity. Rather, he chose to agree with a nod of his head and a serious look on his face.

"Yeah, you're right. Your life will go on, with or without me. In this case, without me. You will be missed." He said in a mock serious tone. Anything now to get her to leave, was his thought.

"I know, I will. You're gonna miss all this." She said with a smirk before turning and waking to the door. He sighed as he saw her exiting, glad to finally know the argument was over. Well, relief that turned into laughter as Danny spoke.

"Begone, she-demon! Return to the dark hole from which you came!" He trailed behind her bellowing to which Avalon glared at him as she walked out the door.

He followed her out the door as she made her way to the stairs. Justin looked at their retreating figures with a blank look before turning to Aaron, a slight smile in his eyes that only Aaron could detect.

"I'll see her out. I don't trust Danny not to throw a punch." He stated bluntly and, with that, he was out the door.

It was then he realised where he was. In the room. With lexi. Just the two of them.