Conclusion

"There's no way a maid girl could invoke a creature like that. What are you? Here take this worthless jewelry and be on your way CoCo. You wouldn't harm someone who's had you back these months. I.. I... If it wasn't for me you would have been taken in whole to pay for my debt. I did what benefited US the most. Without my say, you will be taken." Wymond hits the back of the left wall bouncing his eyes from the creature still attacking the remaining members of the card players, to her dagger, and her eyes with white pupils shaped like a viper.

With each step closer to Wymond, his spine weakens and his feet slip on the floor underneath him, from towering over her a few moments ago to now groveling, watching her movement with anticipation. "I said take your necklace." With a shaky reserve, he lifts his hand allowing the jewelry to seize the barroom light.

Her eyes take in the view of the necklace. The coiled up black silver chain connected to the rose gold crescent moon faces downward, with the tips of the moon setting a blood diamond that dances with the flickers of the candlelight. Her upper lip furrows and her breath hastens. "What were you going to do with me? If I was just a maid girl. What was your intention with me?"

"Child I.."
"Was it to make me another girl? Was it..." Her breath accelerates as if there was no air entering her lungs She places her free hand just above Wymond's heart providing a guide for her strike to land. She pulls back her arm and tenses every muscle in her body as she readies to bring down her blow. Taking in one last glance at Wymond's face she sees: every muscle relaxes as his stunned face causes his mouth to drop and skin to fall loose. The tension releases and her arm follows the lead of the dagger; however, as it drops, a hand grabs her wrist.

A man shouts "CoCo!"

The two collide as she turns to face the figure, bringing her dagger down and across the leather armor, providing a lighter brown discoloration that contrasts with the natural weathered appearance of the armor. She then lifts her free fist and slams it against the breastplate with three consecutive blows. The man says "It's me, it's me." She cries out "Don't fucking touch me!" A brief moment of unrest passes and her pupils expand. She feels the grip on the wrist turn into a petting of her hand with the thumb, and an embracing on her back between her shoulder blades with a circle pattern, a slight push that allows her to rest her head, and a familiar voice. "It's okay Baby girl, it's okay, I'm here." CoCo's white pupils shake as tears build up. She wraps her arms around her father, pushing her bloody face against his chest, and she begins to sob. "Dad I was. He tried to."

"Shhhh" he brushes one hand through her night blue hair "It's okay, it's okay...

Here, go to mom."

She sniffles, relinquishing her grip around Tobias, and walks to Evelynn. Her mother greets her with an open arm where CoCo hides. CoCo's head hangs low as tears hit the floor marking the path for a shadow to follow, the two women walk towards the door. As the women exit the shelter of the tavern, they are greeted by the wind.

Tobias turns to face Wymond who is still sitting on the ground with the necklace in his hand. "What will say that happened here, bartender? Will it be a friendly bar fight, a disagreement over a bet, or a girl?" Wymond responds "What would you have me say, sir? I ow a debt. I am pushed to do this. I have no choice."

Tobias releases a deep breath that pushes the hair that had fallen in front of his face upwards, just to mix in with the blood on his lip. In a labored movement, Tobias takes the necklace from Wymond, clipping the chain around his side belt hanging from the hip and hidden behind his clock. Tobias turns to the rest of the barroom.

The result of the battle lies throughout the room. Noticing that the demon had left along with the overwhelming oppression it created in the room, Tobias could fully view its work on those that remained. Ur was left stretched out on a table, disemboweled from the neck to belly. The other man, an elf that was at the card table, was left flat on the floor facing the opposite direction of Tobias laying in a pool of his blood. Then the woman was crawling on the floor towards the inn with two legs twisted backward. Finally, the dwarven bard was left huddled in the corner of the stage hugging the curtain for life.

Tobias walks over to CoCo's bags, putting some of the contents that had fallen out back inside, and then places them on a strap over each shoulder. Making his way outside, he steps over the deer woman and the elderly beggar still passed out from their brawl. He opens the door to be greeted with a breeze that moves the hair from in front of his face to behind his ear revealing his world sitting on the decrepit wooden porch. CoCo maintains eye contact with the floor as her sniffling provides a jerk movement through her body. Evelynn gives Tobias a look with depressed eyes and frowns as her eye bounces from his to the top of their daughter's head. He shakes his head in understanding

He lowers himself to her level "Look at me." he says as he places a hand on her cheek. She lifts her head but avoids eye contact. "Baby, it's over, let's go home." She takes in a breath from her nose, shaking her head in agreement she breaks from her mother's protection to retake her hug that started in the barroom. He leans down and places a kiss on the top of her head mixing the crimson blood to that of the night blue hair and they walk together.

The family walks now, providing shelter for CoCo, the mother and father protecting her flanks from the weather. Only the wind from the front reaches their daughter. As the draft of the breeze leaves its impression on the fabric and skin, it provides a tickling sensation of comfort as they retreat from Mud to Brick, to Stone.