2. Revelations

The Secret Styles

2. Who Are You?

Jade's POV

My twelve years old sister Layla banged the door from the outside. I was trying to concentrate on my homework, but with that little devil outside my room, it was clearly impossible. I had locked the door a while ago because Layla had becoming way too annoying when she started asking me to buy her One Direction tickets for the concert they were performing in a couple of weeks. Of course, we didn't have money to buy the V.I.P. tickets she was asking for, but Melissa offered that she could help me buy her those tickets. But that wasn't the reason I said no: it was because if she went, I would have to go with her. And I hated One Direction...well...not the whole band, just Harry. 

Ugh. I hated him. That curly boy who once was my brother was annoying, and as I said before, he looked like a jerk and a player. And I knew that, as I knew him until I was seven, he would grow being that. Luckily, no one had ever compared me to him. I mean, I have brown hair, waved but not quite curly, but I had blue eyes like Ed. But no one knew Ed existed...

My phone started ringing. Before answering, I looked at the caller ID, it was Mel. I picked up my phone and answered. "Hey Meli-"

"Jade, come to my house now." Melissa ordered to me. 

Wait, what?. "Wait, what?"

Mel sighed. "Just come. Please."

She hang up. Wait...she hang up...on me? I am her best friend! Okay, I would have to go out of my room if I wanted to get to Mel's house. Melissa lived a few blocks from me so it wouldn't be difficult to get to her house. 

I didn't realise Layla had stopped banging the door a while ago. Trying to be silent as a secret ninja, I slipped through the door and rushed downstairs. Layla wasn't there...no one was there. I remembered my sister had a book club...and she was going there...I smirked. No one would stay in my way. I raced towards the door, after grabbing a sandwich. I screamed to the empty house just in case they hadn't go outside yet that I was going over to Melissa's, and then went outside. 

The wind made me shiver and I felt some soft raindrops falling. Oh, not now. "Pancakes." I muttered. 

I sighed. There was nothing else I could do. I just continued walking, staring at the tall buildings of Liverpool. Soon, Melissa's house came into my sight. Finally. I turned around to go to a small shop at the end of the block to buy some candies. As I started walking towards there, the raindrops faded. Thanks god I thought, before entering the store. 

I got some candies and cookies and was about to turn around when the wall moved just in front of me. How did the wall move?! Well, something confusing happened because suddenly I was sitting on the floor of the shop, the bags with the food were spilled all over the floor too, and two big blue-green eyes were looking at me. 

What? "Are you alright, love?" said a high-pitched voice, a bit familiar...and with a strong British accent. 

No. I hate British accents. 

I looked up, and froze. "You." I whispered. 

"Please don't tell it to anyone."

"It's fine."

Louis smiled. "Thanks. I guess you already know who I am, right?"

I nodded. "By the way, I'm E- Jade Parker."

"Ejade Parker? Nice name." Louis chuckled. 

I let out a half smile. I couldn't believe I was talking to my brother's best friend. Ugh! Stop thinking about him Jade. Harry isn't your brother, not anymore. Get that inside your head, you idiot I said to myself.