10

hours went by as we lay side by side, talking about random things.

"how are we going to tell people about this?" i said.

he smiled, "well, your brother is probably gonna kill me so i have to tell him either way. rosia would probably tease me for my whole life. my parents.. well my mother loves you so i don't think that's an issue. and.. about us online. fans do crazy things, and it isn't going to take the paparazzi long to find out about our relationship.."

"so what do you want to do? keep us private? i won't mind." i replied.

"i don't know." he muttered. "how about you?"

"hm?"

"are you going to tell your family?"

"they already think we're dating," i joked. "especially my mum, she's always teasing me about you,"

he blushed.

"but.. i'll definitely tell her. that i'm being serious. my family is very supportive so i think they will accept it." i continued.

i wish i could of stayed there all night with him until someone called my phone.

"who is it?" he asked, sitting up.

"it's my mum.. let me just answer," i said as i picked up the phone, i put it on speaker.

mum: "eleanor where are you?"

she sounded worried.

"uh.. i'm just with joão right now. do you want me to come home?"

mum: yes, i was getting worried about you because nobody knew where you were, see you soon."

"bye mum, love you," i said before hanging up.

i turned to joão and groaned, "my mum wants me home, i'm sorry i wish i could stay here longer with you."

"wait, before we go i have a question." he said. "ronaldo's hosting a party tomorrow night, would you like to come with me?"

i smiled, "yeah,"

he grinned. "great. i'll pick you up at 6 pm tomorrow."

we got inside his car and he turned on the heating cause it was so cold, and he started to drive.

he drove for about 15 minutes until he reached my house. he walked me to my front step

"wait," he whispered before i went inside. "can i kiss you again?"

i was going to roll my eyes but i chose not to. i nodded at him as he smashed his lips onto mine, then i slowly pulled away. "i've got to go inside now," i said.

"fine," he smiled. "i'll see you tomorrow," and he got inside the car. i unlocked the house door and walked in.

as it was late and my brother was just a really weird introvert, him and eliza were the only people not in the living room. my uncle, my auntie and my parents were all drinking tea.

"so," my mum said to me. "where were you and what were you doing with joão so late at night?"

i checked my phone and it was already 10 pm.

"we went to the beach.. and stayed there for several hours.." i said.

"several hours doing what?"

"stargazing,"

"just stargazing?"

"yep.."

"did you also get married during those several hours?"

dang she saw my ring.

"okay, fine." i rolled my eyes. "he kissed me and asked me to be his girlfriend, then he gave me a ring to match him," i basically was talking to my mum but everyone in the room was also listening.

she gasped. but she wasn't mad. "i'm glad it was him, and i'm also very happy for you eleanor." she said as i hugged her. "just know that i'm expecting grandchildren soon! at least 3." she teased.

"mum!" i blushed in embarrassment. i ran upstairs to save the awkwardness and into my room. i saw that i had a message from joão.

joão

how did it go? i haven't told my mother yet

eleanor

mum found out by the ring and now she's expecting at least 3 grandchildren 😭

joão

haha, let's not disappoint her then 😉

eleanor

gross 🤮 you're so disgusting

joão

i'm just joking, but fr if you ever want to i'm here ;) anyway what r u wearing tomorrow? i'm wearing a black suit if you wanted to match.

eleanor

i'm going to ignore that first sentence, but yeah i'm also wearing black. btw do u wanna go out with antònio and rosia tomorrow before 6 and break the news to them?

joão

sure, let's go to that hot chocolate place at 2. do you wanna text them or should i?

eleanor

you can, if you don't mind. but i'm going to sleep now, goodnight <3

joão

goodnight, el <3

my heart warmed as he sent that last text. it was late and i was rather tired so i took of my makeup and quickly jumped into bed where i fell asleep quickly.