Hit and run

Aselero, on the floor and severely wounded found himself face to face with a Slotula, a creature known and fear by all Kinerikan for its insatiable hunger to devour Kinerikan flesh.

But Aselero, despite the fact that he was gravely wounded and down on the ground with the Slotula standing before him, mustered the very little strength he had left to get back on his feet and face the Slotula.

Aselero, even though he was injured and barely had the strength to stand on his two feet, refused to stay down as in his core he was a warrior above all else and as such he refused to fall without fighting with every bit of strength his body could muster.

Aselero, now standing albeit barely on his two feet, looked the Slotula in its reptilian green eyes without an ounce of fear in him before charging straight for the creature at supersonic speeds.

The turtle like creature, seeing Aselero, racing straight for it at supersonic speeds activate the crystals on its shell which began to glow a brilliant emerald green as it did, the crystal on the Slotula's shell then immediately negated Aselero's speed, the moment he got too close, slowing him down enough for the Slotula to send him flying with just a swipe of its massive tale.

Aselero was sent flying straight to the wall upon being hit by the Slotula's massive tale before falling hard to the ground.

Aselero felt blood sipping out of his mouth, feeling immense pain as that simple hit from the Slotula's tale was enough to break several bone and inflict even more injures upon an already severely wounded Aselero.

Aselero then slowly raised his head and saw the Slotula slowly approaching him, stumping the ground underneath its massive feet with each and every step it made his way.

Aselero tried to get up but each attempt he made ended up with him falling back to the ground while wincing in immense pain.

Aselero was to hurt and could not find the strength he needed to get up and in those moments as he watched the Slotula slowly making its way towards him he began to think about how it might be the end for him.

Seeing his life flashing before his eyes, how his childhood and he had to endure a miserable brutal life in the stumps without a mother his abusive father, how he grew up and, through many struggles, made a name for himself as one of the fastest Kinerix in Kinerik and eventually joined the ranks of the Hypirex but above all else, the parts of his past that stood out more than the rest, the most memorable parts of his past which he actually enjoyed were of his family, how he met Swifa and eventually had Fastilo and Spedori, remembering how he actually fell in love with a woman that drove him crazy half of the time and how he managed to whip Fastilo in shape, making him achieve a level of speed he considered descent enough to not embarrass him, he then thought about Spedori, remembering how he felt when he was born, scrawny and weak, and spent way too much time crawling when most Kinerik children around his age had already started running.

Aselero sighed as memories of his second son filled his mind; Spedori was slow at least compared to other Kinerik his age, Aselero tried his best to whip him in to shape like he did Fastilo but no matter how hard he pushed him could never seem to break that invisible barrier within that was holding him.

Aselero, even though his attitude towards Spedori may not reflex it did care for his son, he may not show it as much or outright admit it but he did truly and genuinely love his son, its why he way he was always so hard on him and pushed him to grow faster.

Aselero had lived a long life and he had seen what life in Kinerik was truly like and to live a good life in Kinerik you either had to be born in to or be fast enough to grab it for yourself, a hard truth Aselero had to learn a long time ago, something he hoped his sons would understand someday.