Funny

Jake was tired and bored.

As the bell rang for lunch, Jake leaned back against his chair and stretched his back. He let out a strained groan like he hadn't sat in a chair before in his life. He easily settled back down onto seat, but he still felt tired. Yup, that's what school did to Jake. He seriously felt like an old man on the verge of losing his marbles over being bored. Being bored and becoming insane at a school, no less. Never in his life was he interested in learning another language, or learning about the business he would soon NOT inherit. This place didn't broaden his mind in any sense at all.

That's what he hated about these schools. The private and rich-people-filled ones, that is. They were created to mold the minds of businessmen and to refine the jagged edges of their youth. To destroy any unnecessary dreams and to be the lead in all competitions. This type of school was not for people like him.

Or Michael....

Michael deserved better than this place.

He deserved better than that home too.

Jake frowned and rested his elbows on his desk. Even though the cared about Michael and wanted to stay by his side, he didn't want Michael to stay in that environment for his won selfish reasons. Jake had never gone to Michael's place or personally met his foster parents, really. The only person Michael has introduced him to was his 'sister', Liberty. She was all right, personality wise, but from the way her expression changed to pure disgust whenever her father was mentioned, Jake couldn't help but think that the rumors were true.

About her father and her mom....

His eyes unfocused as the classroom buzzed around him. Jake wasn't paying attention, but many of his classmates were making a fuss about something. A few girls gasped in shock.

Girls these days, Jake thought with a sigh.

He liked girls. Like, sexually. But the ones at his school were just gossiping snobs. Boys were decent. They didn't get into each others business visibly like girls do. Boys are sneaky about getting their share of rumors. Except Michael. Michael gets his information firsthand, Jake learned not to long ago. That's one of the reasons why he likes Michael so much. He's... different.

So different that Jake developed the need to sustain himself from showering Michael with gifts. It was a nasty habit, he knew. Jake just really, really wanted to show that he cared. It's horrible to show love that way, but due to the fact that Michael has lived under a rock for years, Jake wanted to show him the world through his eyes. And to see it through his. Heck. Even now, he has a present for Michael. It's a crappy present, but at least it would broaden Michael's knowledge of gaming. That boy seriously needs to get his face out of those books....

Like a single cloud in the sky, Jake instantly heard the distinct sound of Michael's footsteps behind him. Jake smiled. He always knew his footsteps by the way he walked. That was another thing about Michael that he enjoyed.

"H-Hey," Jake heard from behind him.

Jake smiled wider and cocked his head to the side to glance over at Michael. While he did so, he got up from his seat and fixed his clothes. "Hey, guess what game I got for you to pla-"