Say Hello Michael

December 13

Michael was in the car, ready to meet his new foster family. It had been five years since his mother's disappearance and by now, he's been moved to five different homes. This was his sixth. The first three homes were okay, but they gave him up because they couldn't handle his 'behavior'. In his opinion, his behavior was just fine. The fourth had a domestic violence issue. The parents were keeping their biological child in a closet in their attic. Michael was the one who called the cops, but it was hard to talk over the phone. Michael got hit only once at that house before he moved to the next one. And the fifth family was decent in Michael's opinion. He would have minded staying a little longer, but because they let a man with a criminal record live on their house, he was removed.

Eleven year old Michael looked out the car window, holding Jojo against himself. Just like normal toy, Jojo was starting to wear down, which was starting to worry Michael a bit. He never talked to Jojo since that night, but even so, it was the only thing he had that reminded him of his mother.

He held Jojo closer to himself and took in a deep breath. He was becoming bored. The social worker had been trying to strike up a conversation for a while now, usually talking nonsense. But Michael never replied. He never spoke a word since the night his mother disappeared. He could be considered a mute, but only on special occasions did he actually talk. Michael was still a good, obedient boy though. However, people have used it to their advantage. Either that or they couldn't handle the fact that they couldn't tell what he was thinking. That's why he was driven out of the first few houses. But this time, Michael was going to try and make this family work.

Michael looked over at his social worker, Debby. She was an alright woman. She was a bit thick around the edges, but it only made her body all the more attractive. Her brown hair was also shiny and well kept, the tips barely grazing her upper back. The only thing that bothered him was the fact that she wore too much jewelry. And the bulky, rock kind too.

She was busy driving, so she couldn't see how much Michael struggled to actually open his mouth to speak.

"A-Are they... nice?" Michael asked, his voice hoarse and quiet from it's lack of use.

Debby's eyes widened and she looked up at the rear view mirror to look atMichael. She looked at him for a long time, her eyes moving from the mirror to the rode. It was like she was debating on what she should say. The car was silent for a good few minutes as they passed a few trees. After a while, they pulled up in front of the house. Michael slowly looked away and blushed in embarrassment, pretending to look down at Jojo.

"Never mind," Michael murmured, bringing a hand up to play with Jojo's ears.

As soon as they made a complete stop, Michael quickly opened the car door and got out. His feet instantly hit a patch of green grass and he squinted from the sun's brightness. He heard Debby get out of the car as well, her high heels clacking against the driveway. Michael brought a hand in front if his eyes and looked at the home he would be staying in.

Unlike most of the homes he's been to, this house was a lot bigger. It was a white, creamy house with dark brown wooden beams that came across it like a cottage. It reminded Michael a lot of the cottage in Sleeping Beauty. The garden was beautiful too and the trees right behind it were thick, almost like a forest. It had a bed of roses along the garden and a couple of trees that complimented the house. The house looked almost straight out of a fairy tale.

As soon as his eyes dropped to look over at the door, Michael took a step back. It was his new family. Instinctively, Micahel took another step back, but once he heard the trunk of the car close behind him, he jumped in fright.

"Hello!" Debby cried out to the family.

Debby gave them a small wave before she carried Michael's luggage over to Michael. She dropped it carefully at his feet and bent down to mess with his clothes. She began to mess with his hair too, even going as far as to lick her finger to wipe a few strands of his hair back. That grossed the poor child out, causing him to shiver in disgust. He made a mental note that he should probably take a shower right after this. For all he knows, he might develope a germ there. Or a disease.