𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Are you alright, Bronya? Tlaloc hit you pretty hard..." Prometheus asked, worried for her friend.

Bronya stood up, holding her arm. "Bronya... is fine, she can continue," Bronya confirmed

Prometheus smiled, "Well, you've definitely passed your test, Bronya. But we've run into a bit of a predicament here," she said

"What is that thing...?" Bronya asked, still stunned at the large beast she tried to fight before, but utterly failed somehow. If not for Seele and the other Seele, she'd likely be unconscious, if not worse.

Prometheus's face became serious. "Bronya... This generation- No, this world is hiding too much secrets from humanity. That thing, Tlaloc... it's from many years ago, it had been sealed away by Lawmakers that protected the Sea of Quanta from hostile forces."

"How many... exactly?" Bronya asked

"Over 50,000 years ago, when the Previous Era was still flourishing and Lawmakers were still descending and awakening, but they existed harmoniously alongside Humanity," she replied

Bronya seemed confused. "Bronya... doesn't understand. Do you mean that Lawmakers despise Humanity?" The Young Cadet asked

"Yes and No. Lawmakers used to adore Humanity... they used to help to unfortunate and powerless, even when Quirks weren't a thing. When someone they cared for dearly or someone of great importance passed on, one specific Lawmaker would transform them into a Stigmata of their power," Prometheus explained

"Lawmakers were worshiped by Humanity, many dedicated shrines to them. In return, Lawmakers respected and assisted them as well, showing them unending kindness. Only unleashing their power upon anything that threatened those important to them,"

Prometheus then frowned and looked Bronya in the eyes.

"Then... what happened? What happened to the mutual relationship between mankind and Lawmakers? What caused it to end?"

The relationship between Humanity and Lawmakers had ceased long ago. Many people today have never even heard of a Lawmaker in their lifetime. Other than researchers and historians, of course.

So... what happened?

Bronya then realized. Recalling what she had witnessed earlier in her dreams. 

"...Humanity betrayed them and enslaved them." she answered herself.

"Yes, but that is... not even the half of it, Bronya," 

Bronya's face turned sullen, recalling the girls she witnessed in pain earlier. The one strapped down on a table, along with Seele in the X-10 experiment had disturbed her the most.

"Since then... Lawmakers have aimed to exterminate humanity and destroy civilization. That instinct and goal is always in the back of every Lawmaker's mind, including the ones of today. No, especially the ones of today," Prometheus said walking up to Bronya.

"But Tlaloc, it has always despised Humanity. That's why it's trying to leave the Sea of Quanta, so it can begin its destruction,"