Killmare|N1|Sad Ending

Warnings
Death

-
Old!
-

Tick

Tick

Tick

That was hideous sound of Nightmare's patience exploding. The sound of kids everywhere was driving him mad. Even his child seemed to be getting annoyed. The small six year old tumbled over to Nightmare looking angry.

Nightmare crossed his arms. "Crescent?" Nightmare's voice was calm but forced. The child, Crescent, sat beside Nightmare on the bench and crossed his arms. "Can we go home now!?" Crescent yelled. Nightmare sighed and nodded. "Yes, yes we can.."

Nightmare slid off the bench, Crescent doing the same. Nightmare grabbed Crescent's hand and started walking.

It was quite obvious that the six year old boy was spoiled. The way he walked. How short-tempered he was. The way he thought he was boss. It almost reminded Nightmare of himself. And he hated that.

The child was an exact copy of him. And yet, they never got along well.

"Night Night!" Crescent shouted, making Nightmare snap out of his thoughts. Nightmare turned to Crescent and raised his eyebrow. "What?" Crescent raised up their hands. Nightmare's grip was tight. Nightmare let go of Crescent's hand and looked away.

Crescent rubbed his hand and glared at Nightmare. Crescent noticed his father's droopy eye and sighed. "Night Night? Do you want to visit Uncle?" Crescent asked, grabbing Nightmare's hand again. Nightmare nodded slowly. Crescent smiled.

Their surroundings were eerie and dark. The smell of death and decay had filled the air. Nightmare and Crescent stood in front of a gravestone. Nightmare kneeled down onto the ground and put his hand on the gravestone.

Crescent only stood to the side.

Nightmare chuckled and leaned up, staring at the engraved writing.

Dream Joku
May 28, 1983 - September 16, 2017
May the light rest in peace

Nightmare held his skull and shook it. "Surprised that I am still going.." Nightmare murmured. Crescent grabbed Nightmare's shoulder and frowned. Nightmare looked at Crescent and opened up his arms. Crescent hesitated but dived onto Nightmare, supressing him into a hug. Nightmare rubbed Crescent's back.

Nightmare felt a tear run down his face, and another. Then another. By this time he was sniffling. Crescent hummed. "Should we go visit Papa as well?" Crescent asked in a small voice. Nightmare tore himself away from the hug and nodded.

Nightmare stood up and wiped his face. Crescent grabbed Nightmare's hand and they started walking. Killer's grave was not far, the two of them were buried pretty close. But the distance between the parking and Dream's and Killer's grave was far.

It would take around twenty minutes just to walk the distance.

But now, some people might be asking, how did Killer and Dream die? Dream had died in a gas leak. Killer died during a car crash. It was all unintentional thankfully.

Nightmare hadn't really gotten over their deaths just yet, it was hard. Especially since Killer died recently. Crescent wasn't too fond of Nightmare since then, always pushing him over the edge. The six year old knew Nightmare had grown sadder, depressed.

Crescent didn't blame him. Losing your beloved must be hard. Crescent wouldn't want his crush to die, that would lead him to be like Nightmare.

Nightmare pat Crescent's head, "You still there?" Nightmare asked, Crescent looked up at his father and nodded. "Mhmm.. I am." Crescent murmured. Crescent looked ahead of him and saw Killer's gravestone.

Killer Rahaf
September 16, 1984 - November 19, 2021
Rest in peace

The engraving was rather disappointing, not having much of a purpose. Crescent narrowed his eyes at the gravestone. Nightmare frowned heavily, "You know, your father was a great man.. Sure he had some intrusive thoughts but it wasn't much." He didn't expect the child to understand.

Crescent leaned on Nightmare, humming quietly. Nightmare continued to talk, "No matter how he felt, he always tried to make others happy. Just like Dream. Idiotas.".