35. spontaneous decisions

Kataya

"Where are you and baby daddy headed tonight?" Yaya ask as she feeds Halo goldfish as his bedtime snack

"Um, just dinner as far as I know. He won't tell me where." Kataya shrugs while fixing the curls on top of her head. "It really doesn't even matter where we go, I'm just starving!"

"As usual." Yaya mumbles. "Bring me back something. I'll take that as my form of payment, since y'all think my time is free."

"You literally offered to watch Halo. Like, stole him from grandmothers house. You volunteered your time, but since I love you I'll bring you back some food chile."

Yaya grins and pops one of Halo's goldfish in her mouth before standing up and helping Kataya zip up the skin tight black dress she had pulled on her body. Kataya smiles at her relfection in the long mirror, not long ago she'd finally lost all her baby weight and was able to fit all the beautiful designer clothing Saint and Psalm had gotten her pre baby. This dress in particular was picked out by hand by Saint for her to wear that evening, she wasn't sure why he'd picked that one but she wasn't disappointed in how it hugged her body a bit tighter than usual.

"He tryna get some ass tonight.... Mhmm." Kataya says mostly to herself. "I might give it to him."

"Fuck around and get pregnant again. I'm charging triple to babysit if you do have another one."

"Girl anyways." Kataya responds. She places a soft kiss on Halo's head and grabs her phone and YSL clutch. Saint was still about five minutes away so she takes a seat on the couch and scrolls through her text messages. Noticing one from Psalm she stands and leaves the room quickly to give him a call. She hadn't spoken to him too much since their night in LA and when they did speak neither of them talked about what happened that night. Kataya was sure she wanted to be in a relationship with Saint, but the two of them were confusing her.

Ever since they made up, the twins pretended like nothing had happened between them. Kataya went along with it, but she still had a lot of questions she still needed answers to.

"Kat... What you doing?" Psalm grumbles from the other end of the phone call. "Haven't heard from you in a minute."

"We just spoke yesterday Psalm."

"Replying to a story on instagram ain't really us speaking... especially when you responding with some weak ass emojis."

"What else did you want me to say to you telling me what I already knew? I know I look good baby, at this point you've said it a million and one times."

"Ima keep saying it too, just to make sure you don't ever fucking forget it."

Kataya blushes and bites back a wide grin. Psalm was still as laid back and smooth as he'd been back when the both of them were in a relationship. She had missed it but was never going to admit that to him and feed that huge ego of his even more.